Mars Quality & Food Safety Manager – Chemistry & Pharma
Dont forget to check out possible interview questions for this job below
Mars Pharma Job Opening. Mars is a family-owned business. Pharma Quality & Food Safety Manager for Packing Centre- Royal Canin India job opening at Mars, Chemistry job opening at Mars. Postgraduate & graduate Pharma and chemistry candidates are invited. Interested and eligible candidates may apply
Job Title: Quality & Food Safety Manager for Packing Centre- Royal Canin India
Location Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Job ID: R45451
- Quality assurance or quality and food safety related engineering; chemistry, pharmacy or biology with strong knowledge of food safety.
- Problem solving tools knowledge (Ishikawa, pareto, control charts, 5W, other)
- Fluent English communication skills (written & spoken)
Experience & Qualifications
- Food manufacturing related work experience (5years) with at least 3 years of Q&FS, HACCP or QMS experience
- ISO standards deployment and/or audit related experience
Key Supporting Competencies
- Standing alone
- Process management
- Priority Setting
- Developing direct reports
- Share Q&FS requirements, review plans and influence compliance during the site building and commissioning
- Assure packaging and distribution center validation processes according to requirements and seek approval for start-up
- Recruits, develops, and engages the site Q&FS teams by role modelling the Five Principles
- Implement and maintain the Packing Center QMP, ISO 9001 & 22000 certifications, stand as the document control and Nexus expert/administrator
- Assure the deployment of MARS global Q&FS standards both for packaging (e.g. FFMM) and the distribution center (e.g. DQM, EMQM).
- Establish, update and drive compliance to the site HACCP plan, guarantee compliance with all food safety procedures
- Assure resources to execute the packaging and distribution center sanitation & pest management programs
- Assure all Q&FS process and product monitoring and verification activities including internal and external audits, assure the outcomes are properly and promptly reviewed; and, when needed, assure necessary improvement actions are put in place and completed
- Implement and manage the positive release and non-conformance processes in the site, including appropriate recording in Nexus. Stand as PRIMP owner whenever there is a site product related incident.
- Monitor all product related complaint from consumers, ensure resolution in the allotted time scale with Customer care system (VITAL).
- Collaborate and support other site functions on quality related matters, provide Q&FS technical advice and technical support.
- Assure the availability of resources and influence continual improvement on site associate’s capabilities on all Q&FS topics. (this also include being responsible for training and training records)
- Collect and analyze all sources of Q&FS monitoring and verification (e.g., conformance, audit, incidents, complaints) and assure the application of the CAPA process to generate continuous improvement, including appropriate recording in Nexus.
- Communicate with Q&FS regional and/or global team, promptly on all critical topics including incidents, and when required on relevant site Q&FS topics.
- Report site Q&FS metrics, opportunities, risk, and highlights on the relevant forums
- Lead the site Q&FS management review, follow up on actions and provide relevant input for the regional management review through the VCO Factory Governance process
Context & Scope
This role will have a greater portion of CVS during the first and second year of operation; then it will cover the Q&FS function for the operation. (For the packing center as well as FG/semi FG product reception, storage and distribution)
This role requires a good level of technical expertise, highly developed communication, and interpersonal skills. It requires being oriented on quality management and continuous improvement very open-minded and conceptual minded to solve issues and find adapted solution
Possible Interview Questions and Answers for the above job role:
- Can you tell us about your experience with ISO standards deployment and/or audit related experience?
Answer: Yes, I have experience in ISO standards deployment and audits. I have deployed and maintained ISO 9001 & 22000 certifications, and have conducted internal audits and managed external audits for ISO standards.
2. How would you ensure compliance with food safety procedures and HACCP plan at the packing center?
Answer: I would establish, update and drive compliance to the site HACCP plan, and ensure all food safety procedures are followed. This would include providing resources for packaging and distribution center sanitation & pest management programs, monitoring all product-related complaints from consumers, and assuring all Q&FS process and product monitoring and verification activities are completed.
3. Can you give an example of a time when you had to resolve a product-related incident and how you handled it?
Answer: Sure, there was an incident where a consumer complained about a product. I took ownership of the incident and led the investigation, working with cross-functional teams to identify the root cause. We then implemented corrective actions and preventive actions to ensure the incident didn’t happen again.
4. How do you prioritize your work and manage multiple projects simultaneously?
Answer: I prioritize my work based on urgency and impact. I ensure that all critical topics are communicated promptly to the Q&FS regional and/or global team, and report site Q&FS metrics, opportunities, risks, and highlights on relevant forums. I also use process management to manage multiple projects simultaneously and ensure they are completed on time.
5. Can you tell us about your experience in developing direct reports and building teams?
Answer: Yes, I have experience in recruiting, developing, and engaging the site Q&FS teams. I role model the Five Principles to develop a positive work culture and ensure associates are trained and capable of handling Q&FS topics. I also provide technical advice and support to other site functions on quality-related matters.
Editors Note: Mars Quality & Food Safety Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.