2025 Fulbright-Nehru Academic and Professional Excellence Fellowships
2025 Fulbright-Nehru Academic and Professional Excellence Fellowships. 2025-2026 Fulbright-Nehru Academic and Professional Excellence Fellowships. Check out all of the details on the same below
This call expires in
The Fulbright-Nehru Academic and Professional Excellence Fellowships aim to provide Indian faculty, researchers, and professionals the opportunity to teach, conduct research, or carry out a combination of teaching and research at a U.S. institution. Depending on the U.S. host institution, it is likely that the grantee may contribute towards developing curriculum and conducting workshops and seminars. These fellowships are for four to nine months.
Applications are invited in the following fields only: Agricultural Sciences; Anthropology; Bioengineering; Chemistry; Computer Science (including, but not limited to, cyber security, digital economy, quantum computing, artificial intelligence, machine learning and big data analytics); Earth Sciences; Economics; Education Policy and Planning; Energy Studies; History; Language/Literature/Linguistics; Materials Science (with emphasis on environmental applications); Mathematical Sciences; Neurosciences; Performing Arts; Physics; Political Science (including, but not limited to, International Security and Strategic Studies); Psychology; Public Health (including, but not limited to, pandemic preparedness and comprehensive surveillance (genomic surveillance, sewage surveillance, sero-surveillance)); Public Policy; Sociology; Urban and Regional Planning (with emphasis on smart cities and waste management); Visual Arts; and Women’s and Gender Studies.
Applicants must demonstrate the relevance of the proposed research to India and/or the U.S., its benefit to the applicant’s institution, the feasibility of accomplishing the research goal within the stipulated period, and the need to carry out the research in the U.S.
Indian academics and professionals contribute to the internationalization of the curriculum at their U.S. host institutions and the understanding of recent developments not just in India but globally. The recipient will teach courses individually or team-teach.
Research and Teaching
Applicants will carry out a combination of research and teaching activities at the U.S. host institution. They must specify the percentage of the grant for each activity and define this in the project statement. For instance, if the plan is to spend 60 percent of the grant duration for research and 40 percent for teaching, the project statement should demonstrate this allocation. Teaching could include courses (individually or team-taught) or a series of seminars at the U.S. institution.
The applicant will be affiliated to one U.S. host institution. USIEF strongly recommends all applicants to indicate affiliation preference, and to correspond, in advance, with potential host institutions. If the applicant has secured a letter of invitation from a U.S. institution, they must include it as a part of the online application.
The fellowships provide a J-1 visa support, a monthly stipend, Accident and Sickness Program for Exchanges per U.S. Government guidelines, round-trip economy class air travel, a modest settling-in allowance, and a professional allowance. Subject to availability of funds, in case of grantees on eight or nine-month grants, a dependent allowance and international travel may be provided for one accompanying eligible dependent provided the dependent is with the grantee in the U.S. for at least 80 percent of the grant period. The fellowships provide a J-1 visa support, a monthly stipend, Accident and Sickness Program for Exchanges per U.S. Government guidelines, round-trip economy class air travel, a modest settling-in allowance, and a professional allowance. Subject to availability of funds, in case of grantees on eight or nine-month grants, a dependent allowance and international travel may be provided for one accompanying eligible dependent provided the dependent is with the grantee in the U.S. for at least 80 percent of the grant period.
In addition to the General Prerequisites:
- Faculty/researchers must have a Ph.D. degree with at least five years of relevant teaching/research/professional experience;
- Professionals outside academe must have a master’s degree and at least five years of relevant experience;
- The applicant should upload a recent significant publication (copy of paper/article) in the online application (not exceeding 30 pages); and
- If the applicant is employed, they must follow the instructions carefully regarding employer’s endorsement. The employer must indicate that leave will be granted for the fellowship period. The applicant must obtain the endorsement from the appropriate administrative authority on the Letter of Support from Home Institution.
How to Apply
- Applications must be submitted online at: https://apply.iie.org/fvsp2025
- Please carefully review the FNAPE Applicant Instructions before starting your online application
- Please refer to FNAPE Applicant Checklist before submitting the application.
- In addition, you must complete and upload the FNAPE Applicant Annexure and FNAPE Letter of Support from Home Institution on your online application.
Application Deadline: July 1, 2024, 23:59:59 hrs (IST)
For any queries contact: [email protected]
Timeline and Placement Process
|July 1, 2024
|Late August 2024
|Review of the applications
|End September 2024
|USIEF informs the applicants about the review outcome
|Interviews of short-listed candidates
|USIEF notifies principal and alternate nominees.
|USIEF forwards applications of recommended candidates to the U.S. for J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board (FFSB) approval and placement
|USIEF notifies the finalists about the FFSB approval
- You can apply for only ONE Fulbright-Nehru fellowship category during a competition cycle.
- Candidates cannot apply for Fulbright-Nehru and Fulbright-Kalam grants in the same academic year.
- Plagiarism in the application will lead to disqualification.
- Unless otherwise specified, Fulbright-Nehru applications are to be submitted online.
- Applications received after the deadline will NOT be considered.
- Extensions and Transfer of visa sponsorship will not be permitted.
- Prospective Fulbright participants should be aware that public health conditions, availability of consular services and travel, as well as U.S. institutional operating status and policies may affect their ability to travel to the U.S. and participate in academic programs.
- Applications submitted prior to February 2, 2024 will NOT BE considered.
Editor’s Note: 2025 Fulbright-Nehru Academic and Professional Excellence Fellowships. Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.