Shell Chemical Engineering Project Leader Vacancy – Apply Online
Dont forget to check out possible interview questions for this job below
MSc Chemical engineering job opening 2023, Shell Chemical job opening 2023, Chemical engineering job opening 2023. Advertisement for Project Leader B2C Lubricants Technology position. Applications are invited for one Project Leader B2C Lubricants Technology position to work. Check out all the details on our website Rasayanika.com
Job Title: Project Leader B2C Lubricants Technology
- Master’s in chemical engineering, chemistry preferred with 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Solid knowledge in B2C business and technology: formulation, brand/marketing support, application knowledge and performance claim
- Proven team working, inter-personal, networking and communication skills, preferably in a virtual environment
- Technical knowledge of lubricant additives as well as base oils
- Track record of working with supply chain and/or marketing desirable
- Proven record of delivery, with evidence of drive and creativity coupled with a structured and disciplined approach to project management
- Familiar with product manufacturing process & quality control techniques
- Excellent report writing skills and communication skills
Where you fit
The B2C Project Leader, a member of the global B2C Technology team, plans and delivers the globally agreed and approved R&D and TSprojects. They must be delivered on time, on scope and on budget. The responsibility also covers any ad-hoc technical service requests from the business, especially in APAC region. Additionally, being based on the STCB facility, the role will include supporting the efficient running of the STCB Lubricants laboratory and complying with the respective rules and guidelines stated.
What’s the role?
Your accountabilities are:
- Plan, execute, review and deliver B2C OEM and branded projects, including development of formulation technology, demonstration of lubricants performance via RtBs, CVPs, demo tools, field trial etc. Effectively cooperation with relevant global/local business teams, legal and CX.
- Deliver formulation and product development projects independently by effectively managing the 3rd party technology partner relationships and collaborating with a multi-functional team of marketing, technology and product management. Maintain good documentation and report records.
- Manage product development projects with auto OEMs by building up reliable relationships with customers and account managers through effective communication. Support business to maintain the existing business and win new business.
- Work closely with business development management team to support the new business development with Auto OEMs in the respectively clusters. Act as the technology ambassador from Shell side in front of the customer, showcasing Shell’s technology leadership to the prospects and discover/translate the customer’s technical needs/issues into the business opportunities.
- Maintain understanding of competitor’s product performance and technology and ensure that this knowledge is used to shape future product developments and product portfolio strategy.
- Support global product management team with regard to the product portfolio maintenance, legal compliance, industrial liaison and supplier security, as well as handling customer compliant.
- Project leaders will work closely with Laboratory technician when necessary to:
conduct lubricant tests and provide timely delivery of test data to support product development and technical service projects.
- Prepare laboratory-scale lubricant blends.
- Develop new laboratory methods for sample preparation and analysis
- Maintain testing equipment and facilities, calibration instrument and monitor test data accuracy
Ensures to implement all relevant HSSE standards inside the lab and outside the lab Record and document test results as required by the quality management system Work together with the team for training and technology showcasing
- Interface with technology management, marketing/sales, supply chain, product management, and other Shell organizations internally, with customers, OEMs, and stakeholders externally.
- Work closely with the Global Commercial technical team, Product Application Specialist (PAS) team and Global Technology Managers, Global Marketing Managers and Global Product Management to deliver the technology programs.
- Communicate effectively with all internal and external stakeholders at different levels
- The position requires understanding the purpose of the tests and testing requirements and when required support in conducting them.
- Be flexible to deal with changes during a product development and undertake unexpected projects (e.g., technical service type)
- Be able to develop a deep understanding of product applications to meet customers’ needs
Possible interview questions and answers for the above job role:
- Can you tell us about your relevant experience in B2C lubricants technology?
Answer: I hold a Master’s degree in chemical engineering and have 3+ years of relevant experience in B2C business and technology. My expertise lies in formulation, brand/marketing support, application knowledge, and performance claim.
2. How do you ensure successful project delivery within budget and scope?
Answer: To ensure successful project delivery, I follow a structured and disciplined approach to project management, focusing on project planning, execution, review, and delivery. I also maintain good documentation and report records to keep track of project progress and ensure that the project is delivered on time, within budget, and scope.
3. Can you explain your approach to working with supply chain and marketing teams?
Answer: My approach to working with supply chain and marketing teams involves effective communication, collaboration, and networking to ensure that the project is aligned with business objectives. I also leverage my technical knowledge of lubricant additives and base oils to deliver innovative and high-quality products that meet customer needs.
4. How do you keep up-to-date with competitor’s product performance and technology?
Answer: To keep up-to-date with competitor’s product performance and technology, I regularly monitor industry trends, attend conferences and workshops, and conduct research on new technologies and emerging markets. I also collaborate with global teams to gain insights into global market trends and technology developments.
5. How do you ensure compliance with HSSE standards in the lab and outside the lab?
Answer: I ensure compliance with HSSE standards in the lab and outside the lab by implementing all relevant HSSE standards, recording and documenting test results, and monitoring test data accuracy. I also work closely with the team for training and technology showcasing to ensure that all team members are aware of HSSE standards and adhere to them.
Editors Note: Shell Chemical Engineering Project, Shell Chemical Engineering Project Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.