FITM – Ministry of Ayush Doctoral and Postdoctoral Research Fellowship
FITM – Ministry of Ayush Doctoral and Postdoctoral Research Fellowship. Career @ FITM. Check out all the details for the same below:
One of the objectives of the FITM is to undertake studies on various issues pertaining to ITMs. These include assessment of regulatory frameworks, including protection and promotion of traditional medicinal knowledge in India and other countries. The ultimate aim is to promote access to and expansion of Indian Systems of Medicine.
- Research Fellowships are open to scholars with educational backgrounds in any of
- Additional qualification in any other specialization especially IT is desirable.
- Outstanding candidates from other disciplines may be considered.
- Doctoral Research Fellowship applicant should be a full-time Ph.D. scholar in any
- UGC recognized Indian University, Deemed University /Institute.
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowship applicant should have obtained his/her PhD degree
at the time of application for the Fellowship.
The upper age limit for the applicant for Doctoral Research Fellowship shall not be more than 28 years on the last date of application. The applicant for Post-Doctoral Fellow should not be more than 35 years of age on the last date of application. The upper age limit is relaxable up to 5 years in case of candidates belonging to scheduled castes/scheduled tribes/OBC, physically challenged and female applicants.
Amount of Fellowship:
- The total (lumpsum) amount of each Doctoral Research Fellowship will be a maximum of INR 5/- lakh (Rupees Five Lakh Only) per year.
- The total (lumpsum) amount of Postdoctoral Fellowship will be a maximum of INR 7.5/- lakh (Rupees Seven Lakh Fifty Thousand Only) per year.
- No other grant or allowance or assistance will be provided by FITM.
- The amount sanctioned to a Fellow will be disbursed in quarterly installments, subject to the satisfactory progress of the project and/or recommendation of the Fellowship Committee to that effect after its review.
- The Doctoral Research Fellow is required to complete the research project within a period of
two years from the date of the award of Fellowship with no extension.
- The Postdoctoral Research Fellow is required to complete the research project within a period
of one year from the date of the award of Fellowship with no extension.
Guidelines for Submission of Research Proposal by Applicants:
- Title of the project.
- Statement of the Problem: In the opening paragraphs of the research proposal, the problem to be investigated should be stated clearly and briefly. The significance of the topic in the context of the ITMs should be explained.
- Overview of Literature: The overview of literature should summarize the current status of research, including major findings in the proposed area of study. The research Proposal should clearly establish the relevance of the approaches and findings to the objective of the Research Fellowship.
- Conceptual Framework: The Proposal should clearly indicate the concepts to be used and demonstrate their relevance for the study. It should further specify the empirical dimension, if any, that need to be explored for carrying out research.
- Research Questions/Hypotheses: Given the conceptual framework and dimensions of the research to be conducted, specific questions to be answered and hypotheses to be tested through the proposed study should be explicitly formulated, compatible with the research design.
- Coverage: In the light of the research proposed, if sampling becomes necessary, full information on the following points should be given: (I) universe of the study, (ii) sampling frame, and (iii) units of observation and sampling size.
- If the study requires any control groups, they should be specifically mentioned. An explanation of the determination of size and type of the sample shall also be necessary. Proposals not requiring a sample selection should specify their strategy appropriately and describe the rationale behind it.
- Methodology: A suitable description of the methods of research for the study may be given.
- Data Collection: The different types of data proposed to be collected should be clearly mentioned. The sources for each type and the tools and techniques that will be used for collecting these data should also be specified.
- Time Budgeting: The Proposal should have a clearly defined time line, specifying the time required for the completion of each stage of research.
- The Proposal is not to exceed a word limit of 3000.
- The selection of the Research Fellows will be made by the Fellowship Committee of
- The applicant will be required to submit his/her particulars in the prescribed format, duly filled-in, along with a Proposal.
- The Proposal for the Doctoral Research Fellowship may or may not be similar to the Proposal for PhD thesis submitted to the University where the applicant is registered.
- The Postdoctoral Fellow may submit a Proposal based on the area of research he/she intends to undertake during the Fellowship.
- Based on the shortlisted meritorious Proposals from eligible applications and/or interviews with the candidates, the Fellowship Committee shall recommend the names to the FITM for grant of Fellowships. The Fellowship Committee reserves the right to call or not to call a candidate for interview. If the Fellowship Committee does not find any applicant suitable for the grant of the Fellowship in a given year, no Fellowship may be granted during that year. The FITM may, however, consider awarding the Fellowship for that particular year in the next year subject to the
availability of funds
- The validity of the award letter shall be one month from the date mentioned in the award letter. No extension beyond one month will be considered. Decision of the FITM in matters of selection for interview or for award of Fellowships, etc. shall be final and binding on the candidate.
How To Apply:
Online applications will be invited on all India basis through press advertisement. The information with respect to inviting applications is also to be made available on the RIS/FITM website http://www.fitm.ris.org.in/fellowship and Ministry of AYUSH website http://www.ayush.gov.in. Applicants are required to apply online.
Last Date To Apply: 15 th September 2018