The Dow Chemical Company is a diverse community of more than 56,000 people, working with thousands of customers, markets and industries in more than 160 countries around the globe. Our mission is to passionately create innovation for our stakeholders at the intersection of chemistry, biology, and physics. A key element of our strategy is to assemble the best talent from around the world to build one team, collaborating to solve our customers’ unique challenges.
Job Title: Junior Account Manager
Experience: 0-3 years in Marketing or Sales.
Work Location: Mumbai
Salary: Not disclosed by employer.
- Gain in-depth understanding of the Business’s portfolio and market through a project to identify growth opportunities.
- Learn from the best via job shadowing with senior sellers and networking opportunities with leaders.
- Acquire capabilities in utilizing leading-edge technologies to manage customer relationships and drive business.
- Get access to a coach for direct feedback and guidance.
- Connect with a vibrant team spread across Europe, Middle East, Africa and India.
- Manage own accounts to grow the business profitably and sustainably.
- Continuously assess business performance and market dynamics for opportunities and threats.
- Establish and nurture customer relationships, especially through travel, generating insights and executing go-to-market plans.
- Drive initiatives at the customer level via cross-functional teams and digital technologies.
- Be on top of own results.
Have a Master’s Degree or equivalent, preferably in Technical/Chemistry/Engineering
1. Be fluent in English, both written and spoken.
2. Be proactive, with an entrepreneurial and results-driven attitude.
3. Have excellent communication and persuasion skills.
4. Be collaborative and have strong interpersonal skills, preferably with demonstrated leadership and networking skills in multicultural environments.
5. Be an open-minded, inquisitive fast learner.
6. Be a creative problem-solver, excited by new challenges.
7. Be able to manage complexity and ambiguity, able to adapt to change quickly.
8. Have an understanding of marketing and selling basics, like market factors, business performance indicators, value chain and sources of growth.
9. Be technology-savvy, with a professional level of computer literacy, preferably with experience in digital marketing.
10. Be open to frequent travel and occasional extended work hours.
11. Have a valid driver’s license