The origin of the Institute dates back to 1973 when the Royal Family of Travancore gifted a multistoried building for the people and Government of Kerala. Sri. P. N. Haskar, the then Deputy Chairman, Planning Commission, inaugurated the Sree Chitra Tirunal Medical Center in 1976, when patient services including inpatient treatment got underway. At the Satelmond Palace, Poojapura, nearly 11 km away from this Hospital Wing, the Biomedical Technology Wing followed soon, again a gift by the Royal Family.
Job Title – Research Associate III/Project Scientist
No.of.Posts – ONE
Project Title – “An Injectable Hydrogel for Repair of Cartilage Injury and Growth Plate Defects”
Duration – Initially for a period of one year and may be extended upto 2 years or till the completion of the project depending on the performance of the candidate, project duration and progress of the project
Age Limit – 35 years
- Research Associate (RA) – III – Rs.24,000/- + 20% HRA
- Project Scientist – Rs.14,500/- + 20% HRA
- Essential – Ph. D after M.Sc in Chemistry/Polymer Chemistry/Biochemistry/ Analytical Chemistry with more than two years research experience in development of Biomaterials/Proficiency with material characterization techniques and cell culture techniques and biological evaluation
- Desirable – M.Sc. Chemistry/Polymer Chemistry/Biochemistry/Analytical Chemistry with 1st class
Those who fulfil the above requirements may report for a written test/ interview as per the above schedule along with bio-data and original certificates to prove age, qualifications, experience etc. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview. Candidates reporting after 9.15 am will NOT be considered for selection. Candidates already in service have to produce a No Objection Certificate from the present employer at the time of interview.
PH.D CANDIDATES WILL BE PREFERRED. IN THE ABSENCE OF CANDIDATES WITH PH.D QUALIFICATION, THOSE WHO ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE POST OF PROJECT SCIENTIST WILL BE CONSIDERED AS PER THE QUALIFICATION MENTIONED ABOVE.
Note : Depending on the number of candidates, a written test of a qualifying nature will be conducted for initial screening and only qualified candidates will be called for interview. Marks obtained in the written test, if conducted, will not be counted for final ranking.
- Date of Interview – 18th November 2016
- Reporting Time – 09:00 AM
- Time of Interview – 10:00 AM
- Venue of Interview – Biomedical Technology Wing, Satelmond Palace, Poojappura, Thiruvananthapuram-695 012