Gurugram, Haryana, India
Careers that Change Lives
A Day in the Life
The Materials Scientist (MS) role will provide strategy and support material-related biological evaluation requests. This position will support materials-related assessments to support biocompatibility assessments including supporting the biocompatibility of devices at the end of their shelf-life, impact of sterilization on final, finished device, impact of change management on materials, etc. The MS will support new work requests, coordinate with cross-functional members from R&D, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Planning, Quality Assurance, and Regulatory Affairs during product development activities. The material scientist would support toxicologists and biocompatibility subject matter experts to improve the biological evaluation process and biological evaluations. The MS will support materials-related biocompatibility requests, support regulatory submissions by strengthening biocompatibility evaluations, and collaborate cross subject matter experts across Medtronic. Examples of the activities within the roles and responsibilities of the MS position include:
- Material-Related Strategies – Attending project team meetings, as needed, and review project information to assist with material selection and develop biological evaluation strategies.
- Material-Related Rationales – Write rationales and assessments for material stability at the end of shelf-life, sterilization modality/parameter changes, and material impact evaluations for material changes. Work with fellow subject matter experts to determine appropriate test strategies for biological evaluations. Assessing new materials for new product development(NPD) and alternate materials for exiting products(marketed devices).
- Biological Endpoint Testing Support – Work with GLS-Tox/Biocomp SMEs to troubleshoot test outcomes by applying material science knowledge and support how chemical constituents can impact testing or cause negative results.
- Database Building – Tracking deliverables and creating a database of material literature to make building rationales, forecasting testing results, etc. more efficient. Engage with enterprise-level teams to bring biocompatibility focus to material selection in product design.
- Material compatibility report preparation, review and submission
- Hazardous materials assessment of materials & preparing rationale report preparation
- Working on REACH, SVHC, RoHS, and hazardous substances management as per EU and US regulations
- Understanding in failure analysis techniques such as Optical Microscopy, X-ray/CT, XRD, SEM, EDS, FIB, FTIR, GCMS etc.
- Understanding and experienced in materials characterization techniques like FIB/SEM/TEM, EDS, FTIR, CT/XRay etc.
- Understanding and experience in FTIR, GCMS, Ion Chromatography, TGA, DSC technique etc.
- All activities must be performed in compliance with the Quality System.
- Performs duties in compliance with environmental, health and safety related site rules, policies or governmental regulations.
- All other duties as assigned.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
EDUCATION REQUIRED: Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or in Applied sciences.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of experience or
- Master’s degree with 3+ years of experience in Chemistry, Materials Engineering, or related discipline.
To be considered for this role, please ensure the minimum requirements are evident on your resume.
Bachelor’s degree in a science or technical field with 5+ years of work experience in medical devices, cosmetics, petrochemicals or pharmaceutical domain or advanced degree in a Material science or technical field with 2+ years of work experience in biocompatibility and/or toxicology.
• PhD in Chemistry or allied discipline with relevant work experience in medical devices industry.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
Nice to Have
- Relevant work experience in medical devices industry.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Able to apply advanced scientific principles.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Able to handle multiple tasks/projects and manage priorities accordingly.
- Able to work in a team environment, including cross-functional teams, and exert influence without alienating others.
- In-depth knowledge of the biological impact of foreign materials in the human body.
- Knowledge of applicable ASTM, ISO, FDA and EN standards. An in-depth understanding of ISO 10993 – Biocompatibility standard.
- Computer proficiency using word processors, spreadsheet, project management, and statistical software programs is required.
- Must be able to work in a team environment, including cross-functional teams, and exert influence without alienating others.
- Unimpeachable integrity.
Link to apply: Apply Online
Keywords: Medtronic, BSc Chemistry, Material Scientist, Recruitment, Apply Online. Medtronic Chemistry Material Scientist Job Opening – Apply Online. Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.