Nektar Therapeutics is a research-based development stage biopharmaceutical company that discovers and develops innovative medicines in areas of high unmet medical need. Our R&D pipeline of new investigational drugs includes treatments for cancer, auto-immune disease and chronic pain. We leverage Nektar’s proprietary and proven chemistry platform in the discovery and design of our new drug candidates.
Job Title: Senior Research Associate
No of Posts: 01
Salary: As per company standards
- Performs research and/or development in collaboration with others for projects.
- Exercises technical discretion in the design, execution and interpretation of experiments that contribute to project strategies.
- Maintains familiarity with current scientific literature.
- Contributes to project process within a scientific discipline.
- Maintains a high level of professional expertise through familiarity with scientific literature.
- May participate in scientific conferences and contribute to scientific journals.
- Participates and occasionally leads in the execution of method development and analytical activities.
- Plans and executes laboratory research/experimentation.
- Maintains broad knowledge of state-of-the-art principles and theories.
- Works on extremely complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible variables.
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments and may act as a principal investigator in conducting own experiments.
- Independently executes technical experiments following appropriate laboratory/technical procedures.
- Reviews outside literature, develops an interpretation and makes suggestions for direction.
- Produces competent, reproduce-able results to a high technical standard.
- Makes complex detailed observations and analyzes data to provide an interpretation of results from which recommendations may be made.
- Uses professional concepts in accordance with company objectives to solve advanced technical problems.
- Independently investigates, creates and develops methods, experiments and/or technologies for project advancement.
- Collects and analyzes complex data to prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols, and/or quantitative analyses.
- Maintains accurate and well-organized laboratory records, worksheets and notebooks.
- Maintains current training requirements.
- Functions as a team resource across the organization able to perform a variety of laboratory based tasks.
- May function as team or project leader.
- May be responsible for identifying patent-able inventions.
- Maintains compliance to company Environmental Health and Safety policies, procedures and practices.
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree in a scientific discipline is required. Equivalent experience may be accepted.
- A minimum of 6 years work experience in a research and/or development environment is required.
- Must have excellent analytical skills, with significant hands on laboratory experience.
- Good Hands on experience on HPLC, GC and Wet chemistry instruments.
- Knowledge of calibration procedure and instrument maintenance procedures.
- Sound knowledge on HPLC and GC method developments.
- Well versed with basic regulatory guidelines and good documentation practices.
- Understanding of basic GMP/GLP practices.
- Must be able to demonstrate success in technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought.
- Must be able to clearly communicate scientific information both written and oral with minimal assistance.
- Must be willing to work as part of a team. Must be able to demonstrate good interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work well in and promote a team environment, and demonstrate leadership abilities.
- Must be able to provide technical assistance to others in a wide range of laboratory based activities/techniques.