Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Thiruvananthapuram (IISER-TVM) is dedicated to scientific research and science education of international standards. Traditionally, teaching has been segregated from research in undergraduate science curricula in our country. IISERs were established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, to bridge this dichotomy.
IISER-TVM started functioning in August 2008. The institute aims to provide high quality education in modern science, integrating it with outstanding research at the undergraduate level itself, and develop a spirit of research cutting across disciplines. The faculty is engaged in research in the frontier areas of basic sciences, with a high degree of autonomy and creativity.
Job Title: Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
No. of Posts: 01
Work Location: Thiruvananthapuram
Project Title: “Bifunctional Enamine/Transition Metal Synergistic Catalysis for the Formation of New C-C Bonds”
Funding Agency: DST-SERB, India
Age Limit: Below 28 years
Fellowship: Rs. 20, 000 per month
• Essential: M.Sc. Chemistry with first class or equivalent grade (who appeared for final exam also eligible, they must submit final certificate before joining).
• Desirable: Candidates with research experience (either in industry or R&D related to organic chemistry).
How to Apply:
- Application should contain a single PDF file includes bio-data with academic record and achievements, sent by email to Dr. Rajendar Goreti firstname.lastname@example.org
- A printed copy of this application form, signed by the applicant, recent passport size photograph, photocopies of relevant certificates and other testimonials in support of age, qualification, experience etc. will be collected at the time of interview.
- Applicants must bring all certificates (original + one copy) at the time of interview for the purpose of verification.
- Shortlisted candidates will be informed by email on details of interview date, time and venue and it will also be put up on the website www.iiisertvm.ac.in.
- Appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any notice or compensation on termination of the research project.
- Appointment of the applicant will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding agency particularly applicable to the said project
- No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing for the interview.
- Selected candidates will have to join duty at the earliest on receipt of the offer.
Application Deadline: 05.07.17