Work as Scientific Assistant (B) @ TIFR, Mumbai | Salary upto Rs. 38025/- pm
In Bombay the Institute was housed at Kenilworth, a bungalow on Pedder Road. It was inaugurated by Sir John Colville, Governor of Bombay on 19th December 1945. In 1949, as the Institute grew, it found its second home at the Old Yacht Club Building (former home of Royal Bombay Yacht Club) near Gateway of India. The Cosmic Ray Group was the first to start functioning. The Nuclear Emulsion and the Electron Magnetism Group started in 1953. Work in Computer Science and Technology in 1954, and the first pilot machine became operational in 1956. The full scale machine, later named the TIFRAC was commissioned in February 1960.
Advertisement No. 2016/13
Applications are invited for the following posts tenable at Mumbai :
Position Title: Scientific Assistant (B)
Job Requirement: The selected candidate will be required to work in 24×7 shift duties and on holidays depending on requirement.
No. of Posts: One
Age Below: 33 years
- B.Sc. in Chemistry with minimum 60% marks.
- Knowledge of use of personal computers and its applications.
Desirable: More than 60% marks in SSC and HSC. Knowledge of thin film evaporation, sample preparation.
Experience: Minimum one year experience in Research Laboratory.
Pay Band: PB-2 : Rs.9300-34800 + Rs.4200/-
Total Monthly Emoluments: Rs.38025/-
- Higher starting salary could be considered for deserving candidates for the above posts.
- Candidates are liable to be transferred to other Centres/Field Stations of the Institute, if required.
- Appointment for the above posts will be initially for a period of three years, including probation period of one year. Continuing appointment beyond the initial period of three years will be subject to the results of a comprehensive review and performance appraisal. After successful review, the appointment will be continued till superannuation age, which is sixty.
- Selected candidate for the post of Medical Officer (C) at Sr.No. 1 will have to stay in the Institute’s Housing Complex at Colaba, Mumbai, if required.
- For all the above posts applicants with over/higher qualifications will not be considered.
- Prescribed age should not exceed as on July 1, 2016 for the above posts.
- Selected candidates for the above posts will be governed by the National Pension System applicable to the Central Government service [unless she/he is already governed by CCS (Pension) Rules 1972]
- SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates can also apply for General [Unreserved] Post/s.
- Applications will be accepted only online.
- Candidates applying for above posts and who are eligible for age relaxation as per extant GOI rules are required to submit applications by POST, alongwith a copy of relevant certificate in support of age relaxation (for example ex-servicemen, persons with disabilities etc.). [SC, ST and OBC candidates applying for unreserved posts are not eligible for age relaxation and should apply online]. Incomplete applications and applications without photocopy of certificate in support of age relaxation and applications received after the last date shall not be considered.
- Applicants in Government/Semi-Government/Public Sector Undertaking must apply through proper channel. Applicants who do not send their applications through proper channel, if called, will be able to participate in the recruitment process only upon submission of an NOC from the competent authority. However, an advance copy of application alongwith relevant enclosures may be submitted by post before September 24, 2016. Such applicants are not required to apply online.
- On-Line applications must be submitted by September 24, 2016 and applications by post must reach Head, Establishment, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Homi Bhabha Road, Navy Nagar, Colaba, Mumbai 400 005 by September 24, 2016. Applicants who are required to send the applications by post must superscribe the post applied for, advertisement No. & serial number of the post on the envelope. The format of the application is as prescribed for on-line applications.
- NOTE : The candidates are required to produce following original documents with copies at the time of recruitment process :
- Printout of online application form.
- Identity Proof (Adhar Card / Election Card / PAN Card / Passport / Driving License).
- Date of birth/Proof of age.
- Educational Qualification (all mark sheets and certificates).
- Experience certificate/s.
- Scheduled Caste (wherever applicable) certificate issued by competent authority in GOI format.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can apply online and applications in prescribed format can also be sent by post to Head, Establishment, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Homi Bhabha Road, Navy Nagar, Colaba, Mumbai 400 005
Last date for receipt of application is: 24th September, 2016