Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our four premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Life Technologies, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
Job Title : Scientist II, Formulation
Eligiblity : M.sc Bio-Chemistry, Biology, Zoology, Microbiology, Life Science
Experience : 4 – 8 Years
Location : Bengaluru/Bangalore
Job Description :
- Use of laboratory skills to complete production and QC of biochemical assay, cell based with the production schedule and processes, with an advanced understanding of related technical processes.
- Responsible for recording and documenting detailed observations during production work in batch records, notebooks, reports and work order documents following good documentation practices.
- Able to analyze the data to ensure production/QC is within expected operating parameters, and where needed, design troubleshooting experiments to identify and solve technical production/QC.
- Responsible for conducting maintenance and support of all laboratory equipment and components such as detection or automation instruments.
- Contribute ideas and lead projects and/or teams aimed at improving and optimizing exist standard laboratory techniques, processes, protocols and equipment.
- Drive productivity improvements and efficiencies in the laboratory environment to deliver cost savings in the manufacturing department.
- Responsible for updating product protocols and processes change.
- Respond quickly to changing priorities and handle multiple projects at once, with overlapping deadlines.
- Responsible for maintaining, tracking and ordering supplies to ensure reagents are available to complete projects with a rapid turnaround. Interact with supply chain members to ensure quality of raw materials received.
- Responsible for ERP data management, reports and display strong interpersonal skills in working with team members.
- Comply with all company safety regulations and procedures.
Comply with the companys commitment to quality by documenting and advising team members of factors that may impact product quality.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned
Works in a laboratory environment with specialized equipment and will be required to periodically operate automated and semi-automated equipment. May be required to sit or stand for long periods of time while performing duties and may require lifting upwards of 40lbs. Must be able to work overtime and flexible shifts as business demands.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and strong computer skills in Excel are required.
- Must be a self-motivated individual that can function both independently, as well as part of a team
- The individual should have a keen sense of urgency to get the job done, excellent lab hands and attention to detail, positive behavioral skills and be flexible to rapidly changing priorities
- Apply Online