CSIR − Central Food Technological Research Institute(CFTRI), Mysore (A constituent laboratory of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, New Delhi) came into existence during 1950 with the great vision of its founders, and a network of inspiring as well as dedicated scientists who had a fascination to pursue in-depth research and development in the areas of food science and technology.
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the recruitment of the following positions on a temporary contractual basis in the research project entitled “Isolation and Screening for native wine yeast cultures for the production of Indian wine” funded by MoFPI Government of India, tenable at M&FT Department, CSIR-CFTRI, Mysore, Karnataka.
Name of the post: Research Associate
No. of posts: One(1)
- Ph.D. in science with specialization in Biotechnology, Biochemistry or Microbiology with good academic records with 3 to 8 years of research experience in molecular biology from reputed national or international labs.
- Candidates who have submitted their thesis on the above mentioned subjects are also eligible to apply
Emoluments: Consolidated Rs. 22,000 per month for two years as per MoFPI/CSIR rules
Age Limit: Candidates should not exceed 35 years of age
Duration: Till 18th March 2017
Name of the post: Junior Research Fellow
No. of posts: Two (2)
First class M.Sc. in Biotechnology or Biochemistry or Microbiology with good academic records and should have been qualified in National Eligibility Test conducted by CSIR- UGC or GATE qualified in M.Tech. in Industrial Biotechnology or Industrial Microbiology or Biotechnology with valid score card
Emoluments: Consolidated stipend of Rs. 16,000 per month as per MoFPI/CSIR rules
Age Limit: Candidates should not exceed 28 years of age
Duration: Till 18th March 2017
Terms and Conditions:
- Candidates eligible for both the posts shall apply by separate application
- Suitable candidates will be called for an interview
- Engagements of Research Associate/Junior Research Fellow are exclusively for the above
mentioned project and is co-terminus with the project, if the project terminates earlier.
- Engagement of RA & JRF is exclusively for the above mentioned research work.
- The engagement will be contractual and on purely temporary basis. The engagement under the externally funded project does not confer any right/ claim whatsoever
either explicitly or implicitly on the appointee for regular appointment in CSIR-CFTRI, against any post or otherwise under any legal conditions precedent.
- Performance of the RA & JRF will be reviewed every six months. In case the performance is not satisfactory, the fellowship could be terminated with one month’s notice or one month’s stipend in lieu thereof.
- No TA/DA will be given to the candidates for attending the interview.
- If already the candidate is working in CSIR-CFTRI “No objection certificate” from the PI is mandatory at the time of interview.
- Short listed candidates will be informed about the date of interview and the venue through e-mail or post.
How to apply:
Eligible candidates may send their complete bio-data with e-mail address or contact phone number along with attested copies of the necessary certificates in support of date of birth, caste, qualification or experience etc. as hard copy to:
Dr. Anu Appaiah,
Department of Microbiology and Fermentation Technology,
CSIR-CFTRI, Mysuru- 570 020,
Email: [email protected]
Application format can be downloaded from the website (http://www.cftri.com)
Application Deadline: 11 July 2016