Location: Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Job ID: R-94658
Time Type: Full-time
Job Type: FullTime
Post Date: October 17, 2023
Manager Title & Name: Plant QSE Lead
Department: CPS QSE Function
Base Location: CPS Plant (in Gujrat)
Job Grade: C
Key roles and responsibilities of this position:
- Provides analytical support to operating unit w.r.t. chemical analysis & Microbiology analysis using internal/external valid & official test methods and international literature.
- Provides analytical support to operating unit which mainly includes working in chemical lab as well as in waste water treatment plant (ETP/STP) for water analysis.
- Ensures all the analytical testing programs are executed in accordance with Company and ISO/IEC 17025 requirements.
- Effective implementation of quality control procedures to ensure products and manufacturing processes are in compliance with Company policies, procedures, practices, and standards.
Quality Execution – 60%
- Test and analyze ingredients, intermediates, and finished products to ensure compliance with the Company specifications.
- Perform organoleptic tests & sensory evaluations of ingredients and finished product beverage bases.
- Analysis of ingredients and finished products using a range of modern techniques like high-performance liquid chromatography and spectroscopy.
- Raw water/process water, waste water (ETP/STP) sampling and analysis of consent parameters on a daily basis.
- Managing chemical inventory, instrument calibration and analytical data for audit purpose.
- Analyze waste water data to indicate improvement opportunities.
- Responsible for making sure that data is accurately recorded and reported in accordance with company guidelines.
- Conduct capability study for testing equipment and laboratory processes in accordance with Company as well as ISO/IEC 17025 requirements.
- Ensure calibration and preventive maintenance of laboratory instruments is carried out as per schedule and complies with the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025.
- Participation in internal/external proficiency testing programs in accordance with ISO17025.
- Identify, classify, and maintain documentation and sensitive information consistent with record handling and retention requirements.
- Conduct periodic review of laboratory equipment and lab processes to ensure operational fitness in accordance with Company and ISO/IEC requirements.
- Prepare sampling and testing plan for ingredients, intermediate, finished products, or other materials in order to perform analyses (e.g., chemical, physical, sensory).
- Generate data, perform data evaluation and trend analysis to support and risk assessments.
- Play an active role in Laboratory global Network teams and deliver the objectives.
- Provide support to other parts of the laboratory as required.
- Management system knowledge of ISO 14001 & ISO 9001, ISO 17025.
Quality Assurance – 40%
- Ensure products are manufactured as per Company guidelines.
- Compliance of manufacturing processes with the Company’s quality and food safety requirements.
- Maintaining ETP/STP/WTP records, conducting trend analysis, graphical representation of results, and communicating the necessary data and record retention in accordance with Company policy and Legal requirements (MPCB Consent).
- Ensure compliance to quality, food safety and Environmental, safety & Loss Prevention program requirements when conducting analytical/microbiology work and discarding materials (reagents, samples, etc.) to minimize any risks identified.
- Maintaining appropriate records, communicating the necessary data and record retention in accordance with Company policy and requirements of ISO 9001, ISO/IEC 17025, ISO 22000 and PAS 220.
- Implement GLP requirements and Laboratory Safety programs.
- Implement formal corrective actions to avoid issues recurrence.
- Participate in root cause analysis sessions to solve non-conformances.
- Perform data audits in order to ensure accuracy of data and analytical processes which may include database queries, statistical process control, correlation studies, notebook review, and/or traceability exercises.
- Participate in the laboratory quality system activities such as internal audits, writing standard operating procedures, and documentation review.
- Record data from analyses or experiments in a computer, log book, or laboratory notebook.
This position works with Laboratory Manager and QA Manager and provides support for testing and release of ingredients and finished products and to comply with the Laboratory operation requirements as per TCCC and ISO/IEC 17025 Accreditation requirements. The job scope will also involve interactions with internal and external stakeholders as below:
- Leadership team, all QA, Manufacturing and warehouse staff to communicate the decisions related to Quality matters, Material disposition, and reporting.
- Process control and manufacturing team on initiatives to create and achieve Zero defect product quality mindset.
- Involve with Laboratory and Quality team to conduct Analytical test method validation and implementation of quality control test procedures.
- Warehouse and logistics team on incoming ingredient and packaging material identification and disposition activities.
- Global CPS Lab community for Laboratory initiatives, receive analytical testing support, problem-solving, sharing and implementing best practices as per company requirements.
- IQD/APTC/EASC and third-party laboratories to coordinate for testing and release.
- Supplier and vendors: Calibration & Maintenance and Third-party service support.
Coordinate with admin and plant associates to monitor and implement GLP and GMP activities. Coordinate and Supervise Visitor/contractor activities to ensure compliance as per Company requirement.
Related Job Requirements/Qualifications:
Minimum 3-4 years in Quality control/Laboratory in Food/health care or Pharma company as Analyst or similar positions. Good Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative chemical analysis, environment analysis. Knowledge of using advanced analytical instruments, trouble-shooting, and data interpretation. Thorough knowledge of Microbiology testing of Treated water, raw water, Commercial sterility of Finished products & Testing of pulp and fruit Juices. Must be proficient and capable to handle and lead problem-solving of issues related to microbiological contaminations and testing. Knowledge of chemistry to understand the composition, structure, and properties of ingredients and finished products. Exposure to principles and techniques of basic food science and their application to the beverage industry. Should have experience in analytical processes using instruments such as GC, LC, IC, AA, FTNIR, Particle size analysis, PCR & Rapid microbiology. Should be familiar with accreditation and certification programs such as ISO17025, 9001, FSSC 22000. Good Knowledge of laboratory information management system, SAP functionalities including quality module. Conduct review of scientific or other literature and able to apply, develop, and implement new analytical test methods. Systematic thinking and problem-solving ability.
- M. Sc. Chemistry / Biochemistry / Analytical Chemistry deg. in food science or equivalent.
- Language: Good written and oral communication skills in English.
- Good IT and presentation skills – Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word, Power BI.
- Experience of LIMS and SAP and system database.
- Able to interact in English and local language internally and externally.
- No ethnic or cultural differences faced in this job.
Judgment and Decision Making:
Key decision maker in determining whether actions are necessary to address quality issues identified as part of the analytical monitoring program.
Laboratory environment. Use of chemicals and standards under good laboratory practices, Microbiology testing as per microbiology standard requirement & GLP norms.
Highly unlikely, it is possible that this position is subject to hazards and risks associated with normal chemical testing laboratory such as noise, heat stress, and hazardous chemical/ingredient exposure conditions.
This position will be primarily based in Gujrat, India with minimum traveling (maximum 5% of work time under normal conditions). Trips include occasional visits or training at other concentrate plants, bottling operations, and training centers.
Testing Methods; Communication; Recordkeeping; Data Entry; Laboratory Testing; Researching; Data Collections; Quality Control (QC)
Keywords: Laboratory Chemist, Recruitment, Coca-Cola, Job Posting, Quality control, Analytical Chemistry, Food Science, ISO/IEC 17025, GLP, GMP, Microbiology testing. Laboratory Chemist Recruitment at Coca-Cola – Apply Now! Laboratory Chemist Recruitment at Coca-Cola – Apply Now! Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.