Application Chemist Recruitment at Ashland India Private Ltd
About Ashland India Private Ltd: Ashland is a global specialty chemicals company that provides innovative solutions to a wide range of industries. With a focus on Specialty Additives, we constantly strive to improve our products and services to meet the evolving needs of our customers. As an Application Chemist, you will play a crucial role in our Coatings Innovation group at our innovation center in Vikroli, Mumbai.
Time Type: Full time
Posted on: Posted Today
Job Requisition ID: 2023 – 0540
Position: Technician/Application Chemist-Innovation platform
Are you the kind of person that is always thinking, sketching, seeking, and adjusting? Who needs to understand how things work and then figure out how they can work better? Are you a passionate, tenacious, solver who loves to work with others who share your drive? Are you positive, constructive, and ingenious?
Are you always solving?
Then we’d like to meet you and bet you’d like to meet us.
Ashland has an exciting opportunity for an Application Chemist to join our Specialty Additives business at our innovation center in Vikroli, Mumbai. This is a very visible, significant role within the Company and the Specialty Additivesfunction. This position will report to the lab manager in the Coatings Innovation group in Mumbai innovation center.
- Responsible to execute experiments, generate reliable confident data, and independently draw conclusions
- Demonstrates competence in problem solving methods and basic data analysis
- Works in multiple Innova gate projects at a time, and acts as a lead application chemist for these projects to achieve targets
- Communicate test results effectively to project team members
- Improve capabilities through building collaborative relationships and utilizing positive communication with others
- Participate actively in group safety related activities and safety programs
- Identify testing/formulation issues and bring new ideas, recommendations to resolve these issues
- Completes assigned technical project-related work with limited supervision
- Maintain up-to-date lab notebooks and appropriate records
- B.Sc. Chemistry/M.Sc. Chemistry/Chemical Engineering/Material Science & Engineering or other related technical field
- Strong hands-on laboratory skills and insightful data analysis
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with MS Office software, charting data, PowerPoint presentations
- Safe work habits and adherence to 5S safety programs for lab organization and Ashland’s safety culture
- Demonstrated responsible and ethical behavior at all times
Keywords: Application Chemist, Recruitment, Ashland India Private Ltd, Full Time, Mumbai, Vikhroli, Specialty Additives, Innovation Center, Lab Manager, Coatings Innovation, B.Sc. Chemistry, M.Sc. Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science & Engineering, Laboratory Skills, Data Analysis, MS Office, Safety Programs, Responsible Behavior.