IIT Kanpur Chemical Engineering Project Scientist Recruitment – Apply Online
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY KANPUR
Department of Chemical Engineering
Advertisement Number: P.Rect./R&D/2024/06
Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur (IIT Kanpur) invites applications for the post of Project Scientist-I (One) in a SERB-sponsored project “Centre for Rechargeable Energy storage systems for Augmenting Transportation and Electrification (CREATE)”. We are looking for motivated and talented candidates with prior experience in advanced simulation and experiments in thermal science.
- Minimum qualification: Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering/Chemical Engineering or related fields with strong fundamentals in thermal sciences.
- Strong hands-on experience in conducting experiments on heat and mass transfer related set ups
- At least 05 SCI papers published as the first author in the field related to heat and mass transfer
- Duration of the post: Two years, starting from 15 February 2024 with a possibility of one year extension depending on the performance
- Consolidated Salary: Rs 56,000/- per month (HRA as per institute norms)
- Last date of receiving applications: 31st January 2024
The appointment is purely temporary and on contractual basis.
Selection: The selection committee approved by IIT Kanpur reserves the right to fixsuitable criteria for short listing of eligible candidates satisfying qualifications, experience and the recommendations. Only short-listed candidates will be interviewed (online). If shortlisted, copies of relevant certificates will be required, and be checked against original certificates at the time of interview. Candidates having prior experience in teaching/research (beyond the requirement of PhD degree) will be given preference.
Job Responsibilities: The successful candidate would be one of the key persons in driving the project along with the PI. Responsibilities include design, fabrication of experimental set ups for estimating heat generation in batteries, computational modeling of thermal management and storage systems, guiding research scholars working in similar topics etc.
Applications:Application should be submitted by filling out the form in the link below on or before
31 January 2024 :
Prof. Raju Kumar Gupta
Department of Chemical Engineering,
Department of Sustainable Energy Engineering,
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh-208016, India
Keywords: IIT Kanpur Chemical Engineering Project Scientist Recruitment – Apply Online. IIT Kanpur, Chemical Engineering, Project Scientist, Recruitment, Apply Online. Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.