Latest Associate at National Chemical Laboratory, Interested and eligible candidates check out all the details given for the same below.
Post Name: Project Associate-II
Project Code: MLP044426
Subject: Synthesis Of UV Curable Fluorinated Polymer For Low Refractive Index Clad Coatings For Optical Fiber Applications
Applications are invited online for filling up of position on a purely temporary basis, in
the prescribed proforma. The details of the Sponsored Project under which
engagement is proposed to be made is as under.
Title of Project: Synthesis Of UV Curable Fluorinated Polymer For Low Refractive
Index Clad Coatings For Optical Fiber Applications
Minimum prescribed educational Qualifications: M. Sc. (Organic Chemistry) from a recognized University or equivalent; and (ii) Two(2) years’ experience in Research and Development in Industrial and Academic Institutions or Science and Technology
Organizations and Scientific activities and services
Desirable experience, if any: Synthesis of organic molecules under moisture
sensitive conditions using organometallic catalysts
Age Limit: 35
Job requirement: Synthesis of small molecules and polymers containing
fluorine. Characterization using NMR spectroscopy
Consolidated emoluments per month for Associate at National Chemical Laboratory :
(i) 35,000/- + HRA to Scholars who are selected through (a) National Eligibility Tests-CSIR-UGC NET including lectureship(Assistant Professorship) or GATE or (b) A selection process through National level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions.
(ii) 28,000/- + HRA for others who do not
How to Apply for Associate at National Chemical Laboratory :
- The engagement will be initially for a period of three months which may be extended
or curtailed depending on the duration of the tenure of sponsored project /
satisfactory performance or conduct of the appointee, as the case may be. The
engagement will be purely on temporary basis and shall not be CSIR/NCL
appointment, temporary or otherwise and shall not entitle the appointee to any
right/claim whatsoever, implicit or explicit, for his/her consideration against any CSIRNCL post/fellowship.
- Name of Sponsoring Agency: CSIR-NCL
1. Eligible candidates are required to apply ONLINE only through our website.
2. Link to apply :https://jobs.ncl.res.in
3. Details can be read from section Jobs Vacancies: https://www.ncl-india.org
4. Candidate should have a valid email before applying online.
5. Scanned photo/signature in JPG/JPEG format only.
6. Candidate’s Photograph File size must be less than 50 kb.
7. Candidate’s Signature File size must be less than 25 kb.
8. Readable scanned copies of Mark sheet(SSC, HSC, Graduation, Master, PhD,etc)
9. Keep ready pdf file of all testimonials.
10. Read all instructions title ‘How To Apply’ available at website.
- The application should be filled online before 09/09/2023. Late applications will not be
- The prescribed educational qualifications are a bare minimum and merely possessing
of same will not entitle candidates to be called for interview.
- Where number of applications received in response to this Notice of engagement is large, it may not be convenient or possible to interview all the candidates. Based on the recommendation of the Screening Committee, the Project Leader may restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to reasonable limits after taking
into consideration qualifications and experience over and above the minimum
qualifications prescribed in the Notice.
- Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the relevant field on date of advertise.
- The candidates recommended by the Screening Committee to be called for interview
would be notified on the website as well as divisional Notice Board on 11/09/2023
or the candidates may ascertain the information by contacting Dr. Ashootosh
Ambade email id: [email protected] contact No: 020-25903221
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to appear before the Selection Committee for
an online interview. For online interview URL link will be provided to shortlisted
candidate later via email on or before 11/09/2023.
- No interview call letter will be issued separately.
- No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing for the interview. Selected candidates will
have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer of engagement.
Possible interview questions and answers may be asked for Associate at National Chemical Laboratory
1. Can you tell us about your educational background and relevant qualifications for this role?
Answer: “Certainly. I hold a [mention your degree] in [mention your field] from [mention your university]. During my academic journey, I gained a strong foundation in [mention relevant skills or knowledge areas], which I believe are directly applicable to the responsibilities of a Project Associate at NCL. I also completed [mention any relevant coursework or projects] that have prepared me well for this position.”
2. What interests you in working at the National Chemical Laboratory and this specific role as a Project Associate?
Answer: “I’ve been consistently impressed by NCL’s reputation as a leading research institution in the field of chemistry and chemical sciences. The opportunity to work here excites me because it aligns perfectly with my career aspirations. As a Project Associate, I’m eager to contribute my skills and collaborate with the talented researchers at NCL to address real-world challenges and make meaningful scientific advancements.”
3. Can you describe any relevant research projects or experiences from your academic or professional background?
Answer: “During my academic journey, I had the privilege of working on [mention a specific project or experience]. In that project, I [briefly describe your role and contributions]. This experience enhanced my ability to work in a research-driven environment, analyze data, and communicate findings effectively. I believe these skills will be valuable in my role as a Project Associate.”
4. How do you approach problem-solving and handling complex scientific challenges?
Answer: “I approach problem-solving with a methodical and analytical mindset. When faced with a complex challenge, I begin by breaking it down into smaller, manageable components. I conduct thorough research, gather relevant data, and consult with colleagues or experts if needed. I then apply critical thinking and creativity to propose and test potential solutions. I believe that collaboration and the exchange of ideas are key to solving complex scientific problems effectively.”
5. Can you provide an example of a time when you worked effectively as part of a research or project team?
Answer: “Certainly. In a previous role/project [mention the specific role or project], I was part of a research team tasked with [briefly describe the project goals]. I collaborated closely with team members, sharing insights, and actively participating in discussions. My contributions included [mention your specific contributions, such as data analysis, experimental design, or teamwork]. The project’s success relied on our collective efforts, and it reinforced my belief in the power of teamwork.”