JRF at Hyderabad University for Junior Research Fellow in M.Sc. in Chemistry candidates check out all the details given the same below
Job Position: Junior Research Fellow
No. of Posts: 2
Tenure of the Post 1: year and can be extended upto the tenure of the project based on satisfactory performance
Essential Qualifications : M.Sc. (Chemistry) with one of the following
a. Scholars who are selected through National eligibility tests – CSIR-UGC NET including lectureship and GATE
b. The selection process through National level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MoE, ICAR, ICMR, IIT, IISc, IISER, NISER etc.
Desirable Qualifications :
g> Knowledge of synthetic chemistry related to phosphorus
containing molecules / polymer or synthesis of nanomaterials
Fellowship / Honorarium / Stipend : in Rs. ₹ 31,000 per month/as per DST rules
HRA, if applicable: As per UoH rules
Experience: one year research experience (preferable)
Age Limit: 35
Description for JRF at Hyderabad University :
1. Applications are invited from eligible candidates (Indian Nationals only) in the attached format (Form B) for the following position in the research project entitled “Development of composite materials with low flammability based on epoxy resins and nanoscale organic- inorganic hardeners [Sanction order No DST/INT/RUS/RSF/P-38/2021(G)]”
2. Applicants should note that the appointments to be made are purely temporary and they have no right for claiming for any regular appointment in the University.
3. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the written test / skill test or at the time of joining.
4. Self Attested copies of all certificates in support of the information furnished in the
application should be enclosed.
5. Last date for receipt of filled-in applications is : 9 th September 2023 (upto 5.30 pm. IST)
6. Applications should be sent by email address to: (use subject line: Application for JRF)
Prof. K. Muralidharan
School of Chemistry University of Hyderabad
Gachibowli, Hyderabad 500046
E-mail: [email protected]
Possible interview questions may be asked for JRF at Hyderabad University
- Can you explain your educational background and how it aligns with the essential qualifications for this position? Answer: Sure. I have a Master’s degree in Chemistry, which meets the essential qualification requirement for this Junior Research Fellow position. Additionally, I have qualified for the CSIR-UGC NET, which is one of the criteria mentioned in the job posting.
- What motivated you to apply for this specific research project?Answer: I am highly interested in the field of materials science and chemistry, and the research project titled “Development of composite materials with low flammability based on epoxy resins and nanoscale organic-inorganic hardeners” aligns perfectly with my academic and research interests. This project’s focus on synthetic chemistry and nanomaterials synthesis is particularly appealing to me.
- Do you have any research experience related to phosphorus-containing molecules, polymers, or nanomaterials synthesis? Answer: Yes, I have been involved in research projects during my academic pursuits that are closely related to the desired qualifications. I have hands-on experience with the synthesis of nanomaterials and have worked with phosphorus-containing molecules in my previous research work, which I believe will be beneficial for this project.
- What is your understanding of the role of a Junior Research Fellow in a research project like this? Answer: The role of a Junior Research Fellow typically involves assisting in the research activities of the project, conducting experiments, collecting and analyzing data, literature review, and contributing to the overall project goals. It also includes staying updated with the latest developments in the field and collaborating with senior researchers.
- How do you plan to ensure your research work aligns with the project’s objectives and timeline? Answer: I plan to closely collaborate with the project lead and senior researchers to understand the project’s objectives thoroughly. I will establish a well-structured work plan and timeline, ensuring that my contributions are in sync with the project’s goals and deadlines. Regular progress meetings and discussions with the team will help me stay on track.