Jamia Millia Islamia Recruitment – BSc Chemistry High Salary Job
Dont forget to check out possible interview questions for this job below
Applications on the prescribed form are invited for various Non-Teaching
positions in Jamia Millia Islamia so as to reach in the Recruitment & Promotion
(Non-Teaching) Section, 2nd Floor, Registrar’s Office, Jamia Millia Islamia, Maulana
Mohamed Ali Jauhar Marg, Jamia Nagar, New Delhi–110025 latest by 31.05.2023
during any working days from Monday to Friday between 10:00 A.M. to 05:00 P.M
with Lunch break from 01:00 P.M. to 02:00 P.M. Application forms and other
relevant details are available on the university’s website i.e. https://www.jmi.ac.in.
FACULTY OF NATURAL SCIENCES
Job Title: Laboratory Assistant (04)
Pay Level – 4 (Pay Range: ₹ 25,500 – 81,100) Plus Allowances
QUALIFICATIONS – ESSENTIAL:-
Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry OR Bioscience / Biotechnology with minimum two years of working and maintenance experience of sophisticated scientific Instruments in the Laboratory.
The experience should be in University/ Research establishment/Central /
State Govt./ PSU and other autonomous bodies or Private organization of
repute with annual turnover of at least Rs.200/- Crores or more.
Age Limit: 40 years
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS, TERMS & CONDITIONS:-
1. All the non-teaching positions shall be filledas per the Recruitment Rules of
Jamia Millia Islamia. Selection for the above posts shall be based on the
performance of the candidates in the written / skill / trade test / interview, etc.
2. The University will not be responsible for any postal delay in case of receipt of
3. The upper age-limit shall be relaxed in case of candidates belonging to the
Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes (Central List),
Physically Challenged, Ex-Servicemen and other specified categories of persons
in accordance with the orders issued in this behalf from time to time by the
Central Govt. and adopted by the University.
4. The upper age-limit prescribed for direct recruits shall be relaxed up to a
maximum of five years or the number of years (in completed years), whichever is
lesser, provided they have rendered at least three years regular service in any
organization(s) under Govt. departments / statutory or Autonomous bodies /
University / affiliated or constituent colleges under the University / Public
5. There shall be no upper age limit for regular employees of the Jamia Millia
Islamia, subject to the condition that they have rendered at least three years of
regular service on the closing date for submission of the application for direct
6. Qualifications, experience and crucial date for determining the age shall be last date of submission of the application form.
7. A relaxation of 5% may be provided from 55% to 50% in the marks at the
Master/Graduate level for the SC/ST/Differently-abled (Physically & Visually
Differently-abled)/Other Backward Classes (OBC) (Non-creamy layer)
8. Relevant grade, wherever the grading system is followed by recognized
University, shall also be considered for establishing eligibility.
9. Candidate already in service must apply through proper channel.
10. Those who are in employment with state/Central Govt. /PSU/Autonomous
Bodies must submit a “NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE” from the employer at the
time of verification of documents/at the time of interview, wherever applicable,
(as Annexure ‘A’). Failure to submit the NOC will lead to cancellation of
11. There would be 4% reservation for PwBD candidates as per PwBD Act-2016.
The applicant’s relevant disability should not be less than 40%. Proof of valid
Disability Certificate must be submitted with the application form.
12. Knowledge of Urdu and Hindi is a desirable qualification for all the non-teaching
13. Candidates must enclose the self-attested copies of degrees, diplomas, marksheets, etc.
14. Jamia Millia Islamia reserves the right to hold/not to hold the Selection
Committee for any or all of the post(s) without giving any reason.
15. Canvassing, in any form or on behalf of the candidate will be a disqualification.
16. Separate application should be submitted for each post.
17. The number of vacancies indicated in this advertisement is tentative. Jamia
Millia Islamia reserves the right to increase / decrease the number of posts at
the time of selection and make appointment(s) accordingly.
18. Application received late or without necessary supporting documents (Degree/
Certificates/Mark Sheets and experience certificate) not self-attested shall be
19. Application received without requisite fee shall be rejected summarily.
20. Application Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
21. The University reserves the right to withdraw an advertisement, either partially
or wholly, at any time without assigning any reason.
22. The University reserves the right to alter/insert any corrections/additions in the
advertisement/website in the event of any typographical error etc. before the
last date of submission of applications form, for which the candidates are
advised to be in the lookout for announcements on the University website:
23. In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of screening/selection which
may be detected at any stage even after the issue of interview
letter/appointment letter, the University reserves right to
modify/withdraw/cancel without any communication made to the candidate.
24. All correspondence from the University including test / interview letter, if any,
shall be sent only at the e-mail address provided by the applicant in the
application form. The applicants are also advised to check the website of the
University regularly for any Addendum / Corrigendum.
25. The request for including any documents/information to the application form
after the last date of submission of application shall not be entertained.
26. Applicants are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess
the essential qualifications laid down in the advertisement.
27. In case of any dispute/ambiguity that may occur in the process of selection
and/or in any other matter relating to recruitment the decision of the University
shall be final and binding on all.
28. Any dispute in regard to any matter referred to herein shall be subject to the
jurisdiction of Delhi Courts only.
29. No TA/DA will be paid for appearing in any written test/Interview/skill
test/practical/trade test for any post.
30. Non-refundable application fee: Divyangjan are exempted from paying the
prescribed application fee on producing the valid copy of the relevant PwBD
certificate. Candidates belonging to SC & ST shall be given a concession of 50%
and candidates belonging to rest of the categories shall have to pay full amount
of the prescribed application fee.
Last Date To Apply: 31.05.2023
during any working days from Monday to Friday between 10:00 A.M. to 05:00 P.M
with Lunch break from 01:00 P.M. to 02:00 P.M.
Important Interview Questions and Answers for the above job role:
- Can you tell us about your experience working with scientific instruments in a laboratory environment? Answer: Yes, I have a bachelor’s degree in Chemistry and I have been working for the past two years in a laboratory maintaining and operating sophisticated scientific instruments. My experience includes working in a university research establishment, and a private organization with an annual turnover of at least Rs. 200 Crores.
- Can you explain your knowledge of Urdu and Hindi? Answer: I have working knowledge of Urdu and Hindi, and I consider it to be a desirable qualification for all the non-teaching posts. I can understand and speak both languages fluently, and I can read and write Urdu and Hindi as well.
- How would you handle a situation where a piece of laboratory equipment was not functioning properly? Answer: If a piece of laboratory equipment was not functioning properly, the first thing I would do is check to see if I could identify the problem. If I couldn’t, I would consult with my supervisor or a technician to help me diagnose and fix the issue. I understand that malfunctioning equipment can impact the work that is being done in the laboratory, so I would prioritize getting the equipment back up and running as soon as possible.
- What is your experience with managing and maintaining laboratory inventory? Answer: I have experience in managing and maintaining laboratory inventory. I have kept track of inventory levels, ordered supplies when necessary, and ensured that equipment and supplies were stored properly. I understand the importance of maintaining accurate inventory records and of ensuring that the laboratory has everything it needs to operate efficiently.
- Why are you interested in this position at Jamia Millia Islamia? Answer: I am interested in this position because I am passionate about working in a laboratory environment, and I believe that I have the skills and experience necessary to be successful in this role. I am excited about the opportunity to work at Jamia Millia Islamia, which has a reputation for excellence in higher education.
View Main Notification
Editors Note: Jamia Millia Islamia Recruitment Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.