Apple Hiring Chemical Engineering Candidates – Apply Online
Dont forget to check out possible interview questions for this job below
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish.
Job Title: Manufacturing Process Engineer (Chennai/ Hubli/Bengaluru)
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Operations and Supply Chain
Education & Experience
BE / BTech / Masters / PhD in chemical engineering from a premier school
- 6+ years of full time mechanical manufacturing experience required
- Demonstrate hands-on mechanical ability
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills.
35% domestic and international travel required
- Experience with highly cosmetic parts a plus as is experience in a manufacturing environment of consumer electronics or consumer plastic / sheet metal products
- Be a self-starter by defining all engineering tasks to meet project objectives and have the ability to quickly learn about new processes with very little information provided
- These are extraordinary engineers that provide end to end manufacturing and process solutions for key design features. This includes manufacturing process development and capability (includes incorporating all aspects of equipment, consumables, key parameters, process setup, and qualification), selection and/or design of manufacturing equipment, automation, and strategic R&D.
- Define best-in-class processes to meet all Apple design and operational requirements
- Develop and document processes including all parameters, consumables and secondary operation requirements to meet defined specifications
- Work with Global Supply Managers to define and establish supply chain requirements using selected equipment and manufacturing suppliers
- Provide leadership at manufacturing sites during development and product production ramp, and drive engineering issues to resolution
- Use data to drive process decisions, basic data analysis, DOEs, SPC, etc.
- Identify, research, develop, and qualify premier equipment manufacturers and suppliers
- Define part tolerance and specifications by demonstrating process capability to Product Designers and Industrial Designers
- Lead process development/have expertise in one of the process development areas listed below:
- CNC machining – Develop all CNC milling and turning processes. Scope appropriate CNC equipment to be used, develop CNC fixtures, implement touch probing, lead the reduction of cycle time, development of advanced cutters and coatings, High Speed
- Machining implementation, support the programming and optimization of all CNC-related activities at contract manufacturers worldwide. Own yield improvement actions and process change decisions based on statistical process control (SPC) data analysis.
Surface Finishing – Develop new processes in the area of blasting, tumbling, polishing, wet sanding, lapping, anodizing, and PVD. Ensure that quality and yield requirements are met.
- Glass Processing – Develop all processes for glass scribe/break, grinding, lapping, polishing, chemical strengthening, decoration and functional coatings (with inks, and other thin film deposition techniques etc). Ensure that quality and yield requirements are met.
- Assembly – Develop all assembly processes. Includes incorporating welding, gluing/adhesives, and mechanical fit based processes. Support qualification of equipment at suppliers, including detailed documentation of process parameters. Own yield improvement actions and process change decisions based on statistical process control (SPC) data analysis. Identify automation opportunities and justify automation projects based on automation line efficiency metrics.
- Painting – Develop all paint processes to achieve cosmetic and surface durability requirements. Scope and specify paint equipment, environmental clean room requirements, evaluate and select most appropriate paints and painting parameters to ensure quality and yield requirements are met.
- The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- The Apple Manufacturing Design Engineer (MDE) is accountable for driving the development of key mechanical manufacturing processes across Apple’s worldwide supply base on any of our product lines. In this highly visible, hands-on role as the expert technical member of the Manufacturing Design Team you will have direct frequent communication and collaboration with Apple Industrial Design, Product Design, Manufacturing Design partners and worldwide suppliers.
Important Interview Questions and Answers for the above job role:
1, What experience do you have with cosmetic parts manufacturing, and how can you ensure the quality of such products?
Answer: I have worked in a manufacturing environment of consumer electronics and plastic/sheet metal products for over six years, and I have developed processes to meet defined specifications, including the tolerance and specifications required by product and industrial designers. I have also implemented quality and yield requirements using statistical process control (SPC) data analysis.
2. How do you define the best-in-class processes to meet Apple’s design and operational requirements?
Answer: I define the best-in-class processes by working with key stakeholders, including Global Supply Managers and Industrial/Product Designers, to identify and research premier equipment manufacturers and suppliers. I also use data to drive process decisions, including basic data analysis, DOEs, and SPC.
3. How do you lead process development in one of the process development areas listed in the job description, such as CNC machining or surface finishing?
Answer: I lead process development by developing all processes required for the area, including incorporating appropriate equipment, developing fixtures, and optimizing all activities related to the process, including programming and optimization of all CNC-related activities at contract manufacturers worldwide. I also ensure quality and yield requirements are met, and I identify automation opportunities and justify automation projects based on automation line efficiency metrics.
4. How do you ensure the selection and/or design of manufacturing equipment and automation meet Apple’s supply chain requirements?
Answer: I work with Global Supply Managers to define and establish supply chain requirements using selected equipment and manufacturing suppliers. I also scope and specify equipment, evaluate and select the most appropriate equipment and parameters, and support the qualification of equipment at suppliers, including detailed documentation of process parameters.
5. How do you demonstrate excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills in the role of Manufacturing Process Engineer?
Answer: I demonstrate excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills by communicating with various stakeholders effectively, including Global Supply Managers, Industrial/Product Designers, and worldwide suppliers. I also provide leadership at manufacturing sites during development and product production ramp, and drive engineering issues to resolution.
Editors Note: Apple Hiring Chemical Engineering Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.