Solvay Recruitment – MSc Chemistry Research Job – Apply Now
Dont forget to check out possible interview questions for this job below
Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. Our purpose—we bond people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress—is a call to go beyond, to reinvent future forms of progress and create sustainable shared value for all through the power of science. In a world facing an ever-growing population and quest for resources, we aim to be the driving force triggering the next breakthroughs to enable humanity to advance while protecting the planet we all share.
Job Title: Research
Job ID 21624
Location: Vadodara, India
You will bring:
- MSc (Chemistry) or B.Tech (Polymers/Chemical Engineering) preferably with 2-4 years of experience.
- Basic understanding of development and characterization of new materials based on polymers.
- Basic understanding of structure-property-performance correlation in the area of polymers
- Ability to communicate effectively with the team members
- Experience in handling broad range of equipments/instruments for polymer characterization/processing
- Demonstrated good laboratory practices and safety awareness
- IP awareness
Based in India
We bond with customers and partners to address today and tomorrow’s megatrends. As a global leader in Materials, Chemicals and Solutions, Solvay brings advancements in planes, cars, batteries, smart and medical devices, water and air treatment, to solve critical industrial, social and environmental challenges. You can count on our innovative solutions to contribute to safer, cleaner and more sustainable future.
Important Interview Questions and Answers for the above job role:
- Can you tell us about your experience with polymer characterization and processing?
Answer: I have experience handling a broad range of equipment and instruments for polymer characterization and processing. I have worked on various techniques such as X-ray diffraction, scanning electron microscopy, and thermal analysis to study the properties of polymers.
2. How do you ensure safety in the laboratory while conducting experiments?
Answer: Safety is a top priority for me while working in the laboratory. I follow good laboratory practices and safety protocols such as wearing appropriate personal protective equipment, labeling chemicals properly, and disposing of waste properly.
3. Can you describe a project you worked on related to development and characterization of new materials based on polymers?
Answer: Yes, I worked on a project that involved developing a new type of polymer that could be used in the medical industry. I conducted experiments to study the properties of the polymer and tested its biocompatibility. I also worked on optimizing the processing conditions to obtain the desired properties of the material.
4. How do you stay updated with the latest developments in the field of polymers and materials?
Answer: I keep myself updated with the latest developments in the field by reading scientific journals and attending conferences and seminars. I also collaborate with colleagues and researchers to discuss new ideas and research findings.
Can you describe a situation where you had to work effectively in a team?
Answer: Yes, I worked on a project where we had to develop a new polymer material for a specific application. I worked with a team of researchers and engineers from different departments. We collaborated effectively by sharing our expertise and working together to solve problems. We communicated regularly to ensure that everyone was on the same page, and we were able to achieve our project goals within the timeline.
Editors Note: Solvay Recruitment Solvay Recruitment Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.