Field Investigator @ Public Health Foundation of India
Pharma candidates apply for Job Opening 2019 at PHFI – Public Health Foundation of India Research. PHFI job for M Pharma candidates. Interested and Eligible candidates may apply for the job post. Check out all the details on the same below:
The Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI) is working towards building a healthier India. It is helping to address the limited institutional and systems capacity in India by strengthening education and training, advancing research and technology and facilitating policy and practice in the area of Public Health. PHFI is headquartered in New Delhi with national presence through its constituent units of regional Indian Institutes of Public Health (IIPHs) and Centers of Applied Research in core public health themes. The Foundation, established in 2006 as a public-private initiative, is governed by an independent board comprising of senior government officials, eminent Indian and International academic and leaders, civil society representatives and corporate leaders.
Job Title: Field Investigator
The goal of the project is to develop a non-invasive diagnostic tool for oral cancers using salivary samples. We will be using patented technology (luminescence fingerprint) developed by Asqens. The study will be conductedin two hospitals in Delhi and Chennai. There will be 3 groups of study participants, diagnosed cases of oral cancers, cases detected with pre-cancers and controls. Questionnaire-based data, oral rinse and salivary samples, and digital photographs of oral lesions will be collected at each site. The diagnostic potential of the technology will be explored using associations observed in this study. The work postings will be at Chennai and Delhi
Around 2-4 years of fieldwork in well-conducted epidemiological studies.
- Efficient in taking oral samples.
- Willing to take digital oral photographs.
- Field public health research skills (including data collection & biological sample collection required).
- Proficiency with computers, data entry software.
- Good written and communication skills, in Tamil, English and Hindi.
- Management skills.
- Ability to work well as part of a team and independently.
- Willingness to travel within study sites.
- Co-ordinate, plan, oversee and manage the above mentioned projects.
- Regular visits to field sites 6 days/ week, depending on the availability of participants.
- Identifying all eligible men and women for the study.
- Establish rapport with the participants.
- Explain study objectives, answer any questions, and allay any concerns from the participants.
- Get the consent form signed by the study participants.
- Collect the data from the participants using the questionnaire.
- Enter data from questionnaires on a daily basis.
- Obtain physical measurements (e.g., anthropometrics, blood pressure) and digital photographs of oral lesions.
- Facilitate oral sample collection (oral rinse, pure saliva) under strict protocol, aseptic conditions and clinical supervision. Temporary storage and transport of the samples to labs at study sites.
- Motivate the participants regularly.
- Re-check completed questionnaires to be sure that all questions were asked and the responses are neatly and legibly recorded.
- Ensure accuracy of data and adherence to the protocol.
- Ensure privacy and confidentiality of information from participants.
- Maintain logs of eligible men, women, and reasons for non-availability or non-consent.
- Maintain organized system of consent forms and questionnaires at the respective field site.
- Provide updates to the research assistant on a weekly basis regarding logistics of data collection participation rates and issues with respect to consent taking, appropriateness of data collection instruments, participant concerns/questions and other field-based activities.
- Contribute to the general activities of the network, PHFI and help promote the objectives of the study.
- Co-ordination with Inter- and Intra-departmental colleagues, external collaborators, study participants, clinicians and lab personnel at study sites.
- Co-ordination with administration, HR and finance for various project related tasks will be required.
- Periodic reports on project protocol and progress with data check (weekly) is mandatory.
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor.
Editor’s Note: For more such Chemical sciences jobs, jobs for Pharmaceutical sciences candidates, phfi jobs, phfi – public health foundation of india jobs, msc jobs, msc job, check out all of the social media profiles like Twitter and Facebook.