Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives.
Job Title – QC Chemist III
Location – San Dimas, CA, US
Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
4+ years of relevant experience and a BS degree in Chemistry or Microbiology or equivalent.
2 + years of relevant experience and a MS.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Proficiency in general Microbiology techniques such as gram staining; analyze filtration testing, microbial identification, aseptic technique, and plate streaking technique.
- Working knowledge of GMPs, GLPs, pharmacopoeial, and regulatory requirements for testing and validation pertaining to the pharmaceutical industry is required.
- Understanding of the microbiological techniques required determining the microbiological quality of parenteral and solid dosage products.
- Understanding of Pharmacopoeial requirements and must be able to follow changes, implement changes, qualify methods.
- Understanding of USP/BP/JP and EP pharmacopoeias and the change process.
- Knowledge of HPLC and UPLC systems.
- Investigation Skills, Report Writing Skills.