Location: Bangalore, India
Job category: Clinical Development and Medical
Are you looking for an opportunity to work in drug safety and use your skills as a scientific communicator? Do you build strong relationships with stakeholders and enjoy putting plans into action? If so, then join us as a Senior Safety Medical Writer and use your skills to ensure patient safety and best practice. Apply today! At Novo Nordisk, we assure you will experience the best work culture and work with the brightest minds.
As a Senior Safety Medical Writer (SMW), you will plan, drive and co-ordinate preparation of safety documents to ensure submission according to agreed timelines. You will prepare aggregate safety reports, clinical risk management plans and responses to questions from health authorities in collaboration with relevant stakeholders, for submission worldwide. Additionally, you will also contribute to knowledge sharing, skill building and collaboration with stakeholders and colleagues. You will also be expected to:
- Maintain a good working relationship with stakeholders and colleagues.
- Contribute to ongoing improvements in cross-functional and global collaboration and sharing of better practices and knowledge and process improvement.
- Participate in internal/external medical/medical writing activities.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and competencies within relevant therapeutic and professional areas.
- Support the onboarding of new SMWs by providing training and mentorship on process or report related activities and provide support to other safety medical writers working with the product, as required.
- You either hold a higher degree in a biological/pharmaceutical science/medicine (PhD, Master or equivalent), or have a relevant degree with work experience in the medical or pharmaceutical field.
- Minimum requirements often PhD with 3-4 years relevant experience, Masters with 5-7 years relevant experience, Bachelor with 8-11 years relevant experience or equivalent knowledge through relevant practical experience.
- You have a demonstrated aptitude and genuine interest in scientific communication and strong command of English.
- A good eye for detail and logical structure.
- Experience working with datasets.
- Strong analytical competencies.
- An understanding of drug safety during drug development would be an advantage.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English (the business language) and solid experience using MS Office.
- You thrive in a multicultural environment of continuous development, and you are good at establishing contact, communicating, collaborating with colleagues, as well as challenging them.
- You have strong planning, and project management skills.
- You have high ethical standards and can prioritize your tasks and rise to challenges.
About the Department
Global Safety Global Business Service (GS-GBS) was set up in 2010 as one of the hubs for safety case processing. We handle case processing and medical review of Individual Case Safety Reports from different sources (spontaneous, literature, solicited and clinical trials). We are additionally engaged in safety surveillance, safety medical writing, safety report submission, training, quality control of ICSRs, Argus configuration and maintenance, information technology quality assurance, training co-ordination and literature surveillance activities, including medical literature monitoring.
Working at Novo Nordisk
We are a proud life-science company, and life is our reason to exist. We’re inspired by life in all its forms and shapes, ups and downs, opportunities, and challenges. For employees at Novo Nordisk, life means many things – from the building blocks of life that form the basis of ground-breaking scientific research, to our rich personal lives that motivate and energise us to perform our best at work. Ultimately, life is why we’re all here – to ensure that people can lead a life independent of chronic disease.
To submit your application, please upload your CV online (click on Apply and follow the instructions). Please include a motivation letter for applying to this job.
Deadline: 27th October 2023.
Keywords: Senior Safety Medical Writer, Job Recruitment, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Novonordisk. Senior Safety Medical Writer Job Recruitment For Pharmaceutical Sciences at Novonordisk. Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.