Latest Job for BSc / MSc Chemistry Graduates – Check out the details below and Apply
Role : Lab Supervisor
Location : Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India
Time type : Full time
Job requisition id : REQ – 07455
Job Summary / Purpose
- Samples (Inhouse, line & raw materials) Analysis and check lab clean, equipment safety and personal safety. On time results & satisfy internal customers within the framework of environmental, health and safety and QA procedures, the Laboratory supervisor will be responsible for a wide range of activities including the day to day monitoring of the process plant, efficiency improvements, helping production trials and future development work.
- Attending trainings of quality & safety, weekly safety dialogues
- Identifying work hazard & apply control measures, using PPE and implementing RAM’s
- Satisfy internal customer(production team)
- Equipment safety and cleaning, safe work environment
- As per specification follow quality control plan
- Handling chemicals based on MSDS, assisting during the training of products
- Assists the development of manufacturing activities, through all type of laboratory work, conducting well defined process studies and participating in the administration of the laboratory works as one of a small team of technicians.
- Quality control duties including the collection of samples, testing and recording resulting QC database and keeping work area and equipment clean and in good order
Key tasks and Responsibilities:
- List also the main Key Performance Indicators on which the incumbent on which be evaluated
Health and Safety
- Maintains high level of health and safety within laboratory area
- Takes part and encourage the use of Behavioral Safety Audits in the Workplace
- Respect all site safety rules including those applicable for the safe engagement of laboratory contractors
- Comply with the requirements of all relevant legislation, including those applicable to chemical safety
- The holder may be required to be a qualified First Aider and must ensure compliance with all relevant acts and regulations as required
- Reviewing risk assessments
- Assures test method integrity through equipment and method control
- Manages application of EN 14647, ISO 9001:2008 and other applicable standards within the laboratory
- Ensure regular exchange between customer services and packaging on finished product quality and production on in-process quality
- Receive and process UK quality customer complaints, following the complaints handling procedure
- Quality Control duties including the collection of samples, testing and recording results in QC database and keeping work area and equipment clean and in good order. Quality Assurance of material for dispatch
- Development of section duties including light machine maintenance/fault finding/program analysis (on-line robotic sampling, X-Ray, and laser).
- Assists the development of manufacturing activities through all types of laboratory work; conducting well defined process studies and participating in the administration of the laboratory. Works as one of a small team of technicians
- Assisting during the trailing of products
- Complies with Company Policy and participate in audits and reviews as required by the Environmental Policy and Systems.
Technical Performance Criteria
- Knowledge of product and tests
- PC and IT tools: Sample Manager, Business Objects, JDE, MS, Lotus Notes
- Following QC trends: interpret bi-monthly trends and take corrective action where appropriate
- Equipment troubleshooting of laboratory, analytical and auto-sampling equipment
- Knowledge on XRF, XRF
Education and Experience requirements
- BSC/MSC – Chemistry
- 4 to 7 years’ experience on laboratory (Preferably Cement Industries)
Discover the Latest Job for BSc / MSc Chemistry Graduates at Rasayanika
Here are some interview questions and potential answers for the role of Lab Supervisor:
1. Can you describe your experience in laboratory management, particularly in a role related to quality control and safety?
Answer: “I have a strong background in laboratory management, with a focus on quality control and safety. In my previous role at [Previous Company], I supervised laboratory operations, ensured compliance with safety regulations, and maintained high standards of quality control. I also implemented safety audits and promoted a culture of safety among team members.”
2. How do you ensure a safe work environment in the laboratory, including equipment safety and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE)?
Answer: “Safety is a top priority in the laboratory. I ensure equipment safety by conducting regular maintenance checks and ensuring that all team members are trained in equipment safety procedures. I also enforce the use of PPE and conduct safety audits to identify and mitigate potential hazards. Additionally, I stay updated with relevant legislation and ensure compliance with chemical safety requirements.”
3. Can you provide an example of a situation where you had to handle hazardous chemicals based on Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)?
Answer: “In my previous role, I frequently worked with hazardous chemicals in accordance with MSDS guidelines. For instance, when handling [specific chemical], I followed all safety protocols outlined in the MSDS, including proper storage, handling, and disposal procedures. This ensured the safety of the laboratory team and the environment.”
4. How do you manage quality control and assurance within a laboratory setting, including adherence to relevant standards and regulations?
Answer: “Quality control and assurance are critical aspects of laboratory management. I ensure test method integrity through equipment and method control. I also apply relevant standards such as EN 14647 and ISO 9001:2008 within the laboratory. Regular communication with customer services and production teams helps maintain product quality. Additionally, I handle customer complaints in accordance with our complaints handling procedure to address quality issues promptly.”
5. Can you share your experience with managing laboratory equipment and troubleshooting analytical equipment issues?
Answer: “I have experience in managing laboratory equipment and troubleshooting analytical equipment issues. In my previous role, I conducted routine maintenance and calibration of equipment to ensure accurate test results. When issues arose, I followed established troubleshooting procedures and collaborated with equipment vendors for repairs. This proactive approach minimized equipment downtime and maintained efficiency.”
Explore the Latest Job for BSc / MSc Chemistry Graduates at Rasayanika
ALL THE BEST!