MSc Chemistry job opening 2023, Latest Research Associate at UPL, Interested and eligible candidates Apply online
Job Position: Sr Research Associate
Job Id: 7848
City: Maharashtra, India
Department Function: R and D Chemistry
To conduct research under guidance of Team Lead to optimize the cost and improve the yield to aid in the business growth of UPL
- Literature search and evaluation of various formulation process and types and selection of equipment
- Execution Plan for conducting experiments
- Need to develop various agro formulations such as DF, EC, CS, SC etc.
- Conducting day to day experiments as per Project Execution Plan
- Process Optimization for cost effectiveness
- Scale up of the Lab Process
- Regular review of the results and take corrective actions
- Timely reporting of results to the superiors
- Documentation: Documentation of experimental results in std formats
Qualification For Research Associate at UPL:
- MSc in Organic Chemistry
- 2-5 years of Experience of working in lab and handling various formulation equipment
- Good understanding of formulation chemistry
- Knowledge of analytical equipment’s related to formulations
Possible interview questions may be asked for Research Associate at UPL
- Can you explain your experience in handling various formulation equipment?Answer: Certainly, during my tenure at my previous role, I was responsible for operating and maintaining various formulation equipment such as [mention specific equipment names]. I have hands-on experience in ensuring the proper functioning of these machines and troubleshooting any issues that may arise.
- How do you approach process optimization for cost-effectiveness in formulation development?Answer: Process optimization involves a systematic approach. I start by analyzing the existing formulation processes and identifying areas where improvements can be made. This includes evaluating raw material costs, production efficiency, and yield. I then implement changes or adjustments to streamline the process while keeping a close eye on cost-effectiveness. Regular monitoring and data analysis help in achieving the desired cost optimization.
- Could you provide an example of a challenging formulation project you’ve worked on and how you overcame obstacles to achieve success?Answer: Certainly. In a previous role, I was tasked with developing a highly stable suspension concentrate (SC) formulation for a challenging active ingredient. The initial trials faced issues with sedimentation and particle size distribution. To overcome this, I collaborated with the analytical team to conduct in-depth particle size analysis and used specialized dispersing agents. Through iterative experimentation and adjustments, we successfully achieved a stable SC formulation with the desired particle size distribution, overcoming the initial challenges.
- How do you ensure compliance with safety protocols and documentation standards in the laboratory?Answer: Safety and documentation are paramount in the laboratory. I ensure compliance by strictly following safety protocols, including wearing appropriate personal protective equipment and conducting experiments in controlled environments. Additionally, I maintain accurate and detailed records of all experiments, including observations, procedures, and results, following standardized documentation formats. This documentation is essential for traceability, quality control, and reporting purposes.
- What analytical equipment related to formulations are you familiar with, and how do you utilize them in your work?Answer: I am familiar with a range of analytical equipment used in formulation development, including [mention specific equipment names]. These instruments are crucial for analyzing the physical and chemical properties of formulations. I use them to assess factors such as particle size distribution, stability, viscosity, and chemical composition. By utilizing these analytical tools, I can make data-driven decisions and fine-tune formulations for optimal performance.