NIT Durgapur Invites MSc Applications are invited from eligible Indian citizens for a Research Associate in the SERB (DST) funded Project (IPA/2021/000048). The candidates will work primarily at NIT Durgapur as members of a collaborative team from departments of Physics, Chemical Engg. & CoE in Advanced Materials. The project is a multiinstitute multi-investigator and multi-disciplinary project in close collaboration with IIT Bombay (Energy Science & Engg.) and VNIT Nagpur (Electrical Engg.) and is funded under the special call of SERB for IRHPA (Intensification of Research in High Priority Areas).
The main goal of this project is to develop lowcost new electrode materials for Sodium ion hybrid capacitor/battery with improved electrochemical performance (energy density, cycling stability, rate capability, etc.) for eventual development of a smart offgrid renewable and sustainable energy storage management system.
Job Title: Junior Research Fellow(JRF)
No. of Vacancy: 01
Fellowship: ₹ 31,000/- per month (likely to be increased to Rs. 37,000/-)
Duration: 01 year (initially) and extendable upto approx. 4 years subject to satisfactory
performance and funding.
M.Sc. in Chemistry/ Materials Science/ Nanotechnology from any recognized Institute/ University with minimum 6.5 CGPA or 60% marks along with NET/GATE qualification.
OR M.E./M.Tech. in Chemical Engineering/Chemical Technology/Nanotechnology/Materials Engineering with
Knowledge of electrochemistry and associated analytical techniques. Excellent written communication skill demonstrated through high quality project report/ publication.
Willingness to learn new concepts and knowledge across disciplines.
Excellent inter-personal skill to work in a multiinstitute project which may require travelling to partnering institutes and to work as a member of different multidisciplinary teams.
How to Apply:
The eligible and interested candiates are encouraged to send the following documents as a single pdf file via email to the PI as undersigned. Further, the subject line of the email should be “Application for Junior Research Fellow (JRF):
1. A cover letter explaining why you are fit for this post.
2. Your up to date CV mentioning relevant research experience (if any) and names and contact details of two academic referees
3. First pages of your journal publications (if any) and a brief write up describing what was your contribution to each of your publications.
Mode of Selection:
Based on the applications received, a short-list of candidates will be prepared to be called for an online interview. The shortlisted candidates will be notified through email (as mentioned in the applicant’s CV).
Publication of the advertisement: August 18, 2023
Deadline for submission of application: September 11, 2023
Intimation to the shortlisted candidates: September 14, 2023
Tentative date of interview: September 18, 2023
Tentative start date: October 3, 2023
Terms and Conditions:
1. The above position is purely contractual and is for the duration of the project only.
2. Applications reaching after specified time will not ordinarily be entertained.
3. Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidature.
4. The selected candidate is expected to join immediately after recruitment.
5. The selected candidate may have to work outside the normal working hours and normal working days without additional incentives.
6. Selected candidate will have to produce a Govt. issued ID in original, the original mark-sheets, and certificates etc. at the time of joining. Without any of these the candidature will
7. Other terms and conditions will be as per those of DST and NIT Durgapur.
View Main Notification
NIT Durgapur Invites MSc Looking for latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow Rasayanika Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma job.