Senior Associate Scientist role in Analytical Research and Development (ARD) at Pfizer – Latest Msc/MTech chemistry job – Apply here
Analytical Research and Development (ARD), at Pfizer R&D in Chennai, India is part of the global Pharmaceutical Sciences Small Molecules (PSSM) function and plays a critical role in the research and development of new medicines in Pfizer’s exciting small molecule portfolio, and pfizer is seeking an enthusiastic scientist who is keen to learn, and has a passion for analytical science, to join our exciting, vibrant group in Chennai, India.
Role : Senior Associate Scientist
Functional area : Analytical Research and Development
Primary Location: IND – Chennai IIT Madras Research Park
Locations : India – Chennai
Time type : Full time
Job requisition id : 4889306
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 48
Educational qualification : Master’s degree in chemistry
What the company offers :
- Focus on work life balance and other benefits
- Flexible workplace culture
- Growth and Talent development
- Diverse and inclusive workforce
- Annual bonus
Job Description of Senior Associate Scientist role at pfizer :
- The successful candidate will have a passion for analytical chemistry. They will work alongside subject matter experts and analytical leads, in cross-functional project teams, to deliver analytical excellence. These project teams work with partner lines from chemical research development, regulatory, quality and manufacturing to develop medicines for clinical and commercial use.
- Successful candidates will have the opportunity for personal growth and development within the analytical department.
- Training in and application of analytical techniques including liquid, gas and supercritical fluid chromatography, infra-red spectroscopy, mass spectrometry and NMR.
- Providing support to regulatory starting materials and drug substance research and development projects to develop analytical methodology.
- Working with colleagues to assess the most appropriate analytical tools to support project activities, including use of computational predictive tools, modelling software and data visualization tools where appropriate.
- Investigating causes of regulatory starting material and drug substance instability and mechanisms of chemical degradation.
- Assisting in the maintenance and renewal of laboratory instruments, systems or apparatus and in the maintenance and continuous improvement of safe and effective working practices.
- Maintaining written records of all experimental work in accordance with Good Laboratory Practice/Good Manufacturing Practice and departmental philosophies.
- Advocating new technology, process improvements and informatics initiatives designed to increase efficiency and compliance.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR SENIOR ASSOCIATE SCIENTIST ROLE AT PFIZER :
- 3+ years of experience
- Hands on experience in UHPLC/HPLC, GC and wet-chemistry
- Provides attention to detail and good knowledge in Method development.
- Ability to extract relevant information from scientific literature, accurately record observations, facts, data and conclusions during experimental work or investigations.
- Interact effectively with peers and leaders as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Good Laboratory Practices knowledge.
- Desire to develop own technical skill set.
- Experience in LCMS/ NMR is preferable.
- Other Information: This is an individual contributor role.
CHECKOUT RASAYANIKA FOR LATEST UPDATES
Below are some interview questions along with possible answers for the Senior Associate Scientist role in Analytical Research and Development (ARD) at Pfizer R&D in Chennai, India:
Interview Question 1: Can you tell us about your experience in analytical chemistry and how it aligns with the requirements of the Senior Associate Scientist role in ARD at Pfizer?
Possible Answer: Certainly! I have over 3 years of hands-on experience in analytical chemistry, with a strong focus on UHPLC/HPLC, GC, and wet-chemistry techniques. My educational background includes a Master’s degree in Chemistry, which has provided me with a solid foundation in analytical sciences. I have also been actively involved in method development for various projects, which allowed me to demonstrate my attention to detail and the ability to extract relevant information from scientific literature to improve our analytical methodologies.
Interview Question 2: How have you collaborated with cross-functional project teams in your previous roles, and how did you contribute to delivering analytical excellence?
Possible Answer: In my previous role, I actively collaborated with subject matter experts and analytical leads as part of cross-functional project teams. I believe effective communication and teamwork are crucial for success in such environments. By working closely with teams from chemical research development, regulatory, quality, and manufacturing, I contributed to the development of analytical methodologies for both clinical and commercial use of new medicines. My role involved assessing the most appropriate analytical tools for project activities and advocating the use of new technology and informatics initiatives to improve efficiency and compliance.
Interview Question 3: How do you stay updated with the latest advancements in analytical chemistry and incorporate them into your work?
Possible Answer: I believe in continuous learning and staying abreast of the latest advancements in analytical chemistry. I regularly attend industry conferences, webinars, and workshops to expand my knowledge. I also follow scientific publications and journals to keep track of emerging trends and techniques in the field. By staying updated with the latest developments, I can incorporate new methodologies and technologies into my work, thereby enhancing the overall analytical capabilities of the team.
Interview Question 4: Can you share an example of a challenging project you worked on, and how you successfully resolved any obstacles you encountered?
Possible Answer: Certainly! In one project, we were tasked with investigating the causes of drug substance instability and chemical degradation. It was a complex challenge as it required a thorough understanding of various analytical techniques and data interpretation. I collaborated closely with team members to design a comprehensive experimental plan. By combining multiple analytical techniques such as UHPLC, GC, and mass spectrometry, we were able to identify the degradation pathways and propose appropriate mitigation strategies. The successful resolution of this issue demonstrated the effectiveness of our cross-functional teamwork and analytical expertise.
Interview Question 5: Pfizer values growth and talent development. How do you envision your personal growth within the analytical department at Pfizer?
Possible Answer: I am truly excited about the growth opportunities at Pfizer. As a Senior Associate Scientist, I aim to further expand my technical skill set by gaining experience in LCMS and NMR, which are relevant and valuable techniques in the pharmaceutical industry. I also aspire to take on more responsibilities, such as mentoring junior team members and leading analytical projects. By actively participating in training programs and collaborating with subject matter experts, I am confident that I can contribute to the success of Pfizer’s exciting small molecule portfolio while advancing my own career in analytical research and development.
Remember to tailor your answers to your own experiences and aspirations. Emphasize your passion for analytical science, dedication to continuous improvement, and eagerness to contribute to Pfizer’s innovative projects.
Good luck with your interview!