Unilever Senior Process Development Engineer details are provided below. Apply online if you are eligible for the BSc BE Chemicalengineering Job.
Job role – Senior Process Development Engineer, B&W
Job ID – R-70329
Location – Mumbai, Maharashtra
It requires the individual to develop a sound understanding of scale up principles, in-depth knowledge of manufacturing technology and material-process-product interactions. This understanding needs then to be converted into decisions, actions and initiatives that support and deliver the divisional strategy, targets and plans. Process Development Engineers are not just technology specialists, but also work as integrators to bring needs from different functions and locations together into one technical solution
About the Role:
- Work with international and interdisciplinary teams (R&D, Supply Chain, Procurement, safety etc.) to scale up and adapt bench-scale processes to pilot and manufacturing scale.
- Use process knowledge to help develop and deliver novel products and processes for new consumer offerings and provide strategic supply chain advantage.
- Generate ideas for new products and better ways to manufacture new and existing products.
- Must have a “hands-on” approach to pilot plant and laboratory scale-up activities. Need to be able to work in a safe, disciplined manner.
Accountability for BSc BE Chemicalengineering Job-
- On Time in Full (OTIF) delivery of processing deliverables including process design studies, laboratory and pilot plant prototypes and process specifications.
Plan, organise and execute pilot plant work in close co-ordination with Formulation colleague / TPL / operations team.
- Use Design of Experiments, statistics, and data analysis to create better product understanding and improve scale up between pilot and factory.
- Carry out Lab experiment, organise internal/external testing to generate early insight on process feasibility, manufacturing safety and early detection of RISK involved in assigned projects.
- Organizing, executing, and reporting of main plant trials in the various factories involved.
- Support Supply Chain strategic work and operations, e.g., driving process optimization for batch cycle time reduction and next generation manufacturing technology.
- Prepare and share technical reports, Process tech Pack, Flow Diagrams, and process specifications for assigned projects.
- Demonstrate highest standard of workplace safety and behaviour. Be a safety champion in everything you do.
Qualification and experience-
- The desire and potential to progress to senior process engineer
M.Sc. B.Sc. or B.Eng. in Chemical or Process Engineering, alternative in Physical Science
Computer literate and digital savvy (experience in data analytic advantageous desirable)
- In depth knowledge of processing equipment principles and practices
- Project management (communication and presentation)
- Experience in product/process development, scale up and technology transfer desirable.
Hello friends, It will be great if you can prepare well for the interview of BSc BE Chemicalengineering Job. We are attaching the expected interview questions and answers here for you. Once you apply for the BSc BE Chemicalengineering Job, prepare well and attend the interview. All the best!!!!
Question 1: Can you describe your experience with scaling up bench-scale processes to pilot and manufacturing scale?
Answer: In my previous role, I had the opportunity to work closely with interdisciplinary teams, including R&D, Supply Chain, and Procurement, to successfully scale up bench-scale processes to pilot and manufacturing scale. I collaborated on developing strategies that ensured a smooth transition from smaller-scale processes to larger-scale production. This involved addressing challenges such as equipment compatibility, process efficiency, and maintaining product quality throughout the scale-up process. By leveraging process knowledge and employing techniques like Design of Experiments and data analysis, I facilitated seamless scale-up and contributed to the successful launch of several products.
Question 2: How do you ensure that safety is integrated into the pilot plant and laboratory scale-up activities?
Answer: Safety is a paramount concern in any manufacturing process, and I prioritize it throughout all stages of scale-up activities. I adhere to rigorous safety protocols, making sure that all team members are aware of and follow safety guidelines. For instance, I conduct thorough risk assessments for each scale-up project, identifying potential hazards and implementing mitigation measures. Additionally, I ensure that all equipment is properly maintained and calibrated for safe operation. My “hands-on” approach to scale-up activities includes fostering a culture of safety awareness, and I take pride in being a safety champion in all aspects of my work.
Question 3: How do you approach generating ideas for new products and process improvements?
Answer: I believe that innovation is crucial for sustained growth. To generate ideas for new products and process improvements, I actively engage in cross-functional discussions and brainstorming sessions with colleagues from R&D, Supply Chain, and other relevant teams. I also keep myself updated on industry trends and emerging technologies. By combining my in-depth knowledge of processing equipment principles with insights from different functions, I’ve been able to identify opportunities for novel products and enhanced manufacturing processes. This approach has led to the development of innovative solutions that align with the company’s strategic goals.
Question 4: Can you share an example of a challenging project where you had to optimize batch cycle time and implement next-generation manufacturing technology?
Answer: In a recent project, I was tasked with optimizing batch cycle time to improve production efficiency. I analyzed the entire production process, identified bottlenecks, and collaborated with the operations team to implement streamlined workflows. To introduce next-generation manufacturing technology, I assessed various emerging technologies and their compatibility with our existing processes. After evaluating the potential benefits and risks, I led the integration of a new automation system that significantly reduced batch cycle times while maintaining product quality. This experience showcased my ability to drive process optimization and adopt innovative technologies to enhance manufacturing efficiency.
Question 5: How do you ensure effective communication and collaboration among international and interdisciplinary teams for successful process development and scale-up?
Answer: Effective communication and collaboration are essential when working with international and interdisciplinary teams. I prioritize open and transparent communication, ensuring that all team members are informed about project updates, goals, and challenges. Regular team meetings, virtual collaborations, and shared project management tools help facilitate information exchange and align everyone towards common objectives. By actively seeking input from various functions and locations, I ensure that the technical solutions we develop are holistic and well-integrated. This collaborative approach has resulted in seamless process development and scale-up across global teams.