UPL Limited is Hiring B.Tech/M.Tech in chemical Engineering For Analyst Position
UPL Limited is Hiring B.Tech/M.Tech in Chemical Engineering for Analyst Position. UPL Limited, formerly United Phosphorus Limited, is an Indian multinational company that manufactures and markets agrochemicals, industrial chemicals, chemical intermediates, and specialty chemicals, and also offers crop protection solutions. Interested Candidates can check out the details below and Apply Online
Job title: Analyst – Technology
Job Location: Thane, Maharashtra, India
Job id: 7738
Job Category: Technology
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative experiments in the lab from gram scale to kilo scale – Planning and execution of experiments
- Support to Projects & Engineering team for commercialization of products developed in R&D. Involve in all the stages of technology transfer
- Responsible in identifying and Conducting trials at third parties
- Generating Engg data for scale-up and commercialization
- Support to R&D team in developing new products
- Resolve technical related issues in terms of plant operations, quality improvement, customer related issues etc.
- Collaboration with cross functional teams for quality related or plant related issues
- Conduct work in a safe, ethical, and collaborative manner.
- Establish material and energy balances for critical batches in R&D and plant batches
- Record and analyse the process data – Write technical reports of the batch results.
- Ability to work in shifts as and when required.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- B.Tech/M.Tech in chemical Engineering or related qualification with at least 3 years of experience in plant/R&D
- Good knowledge on stoichiometric calculations, establishing material and energy balances etc
- Good knowledge in chemistry reaction and mechanism
- Good knowledge on unit operations.
- Good research and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively.
- A passion for innovation, continuous learning
- Experience in plant work/ technology transfer/equipment design will be an added advantage.
UPL Limited is Hiring B.Tech/M.Tech in chemical Engineering For Analyst Position. Here are five Possible interview questions and answers :
1. Question: Can you describe your experience in conducting qualitative and quantitative experiments in the lab, especially on a kilo scale, and how you ensure precision and accuracy in your work?
Answer: In my previous role as an Analyst – Technology, I have been actively involved in planning and executing experiments in the lab, ranging from gram scale to kilo scale. To ensure precision and accuracy, I follow well-defined experimental protocols and maintain meticulous records of all the variables involved. I pay close attention to detail and conduct multiple trials to validate the results. Additionally, I collaborate with my team members and supervisors to review and analyze the data, ensuring that our conclusions are well-supported by the evidence obtained during the experiments.
2. Question: How have you contributed to technology transfer and commercialization of products developed in R&D? Can you provide an example of a successful project you were involved in?
Answer: As part of the Projects & Engineering team, I actively contributed to the technology transfer and commercialization of products developed in R&D. One notable project involved the development of a new chemical process for a specialty product. During technology transfer, I collaborated closely with the R&D team and the plant operators to ensure a smooth transition of the process from the lab to the production facility. I provided critical data for scale-up and addressed technical issues that arose during the process. As a result of our collaborative efforts, we successfully launched the product in the market, meeting all quality and production targets.
3. Question: How do you approach identifying and conducting trials at third-party facilities? What are some challenges you might face, and how do you overcome them?
Answer: When identifying and conducting trials at third-party facilities, I first thoroughly evaluate potential partners based on their capabilities and expertise. I establish clear communication channels to ensure that the trial objectives and requirements are well understood by all parties. One challenge that may arise is aligning the processes and equipment between our R&D facility and the third-party facility. To overcome this, I conduct pre-trial assessments and provide detailed guidelines to the third-party team. Regular communication and feedback loops during the trial help in addressing any issues promptly and ensure a successful outcome.
4. Question: How do you handle technical issues related to plant operations, quality improvement, and customer-related concerns? Can you share an example of a situation where your technical expertise was instrumental in resolving such an issue?
Answer: As an Analyst – Technology, I proactively address technical issues related to plant operations, quality improvement, and customer concerns by adopting a systematic problem-solving approach. When a customer raised concerns about a specific product’s performance, I collaborated with the cross-functional team to conduct a thorough root cause analysis. Through a series of lab experiments and data analysis, we identified a process variation that was affecting product quality. I worked closely with the plant operators to implement process adjustments, and we were able to meet the customer’s requirements and achieve consistent product quality.
5. Question: How do you prioritize safety, ethics, and collaboration in your work environment? Can you give an example of a safety initiative you have undertaken?
Answer: Safety, ethics, and collaboration are paramount in any work environment, especially in a lab setting. I ensure that safety protocols and best practices are strictly followed during all experiments and plant-related activities. I actively participate in safety training sessions and encourage my team members to do the same. One safety initiative I undertook was the implementation of a hazard communication program, where we created detailed safety data sheets for all chemicals used in the lab. This initiative enhanced awareness about potential hazards and improved safety measures for everyone in the lab.
Subscribe Rasayanika for more Chemistry and Pharma job updates.