Ingredion Incorporated BSc/MSc Chemistry – Apply Online
Dont forget to check out possible interview questions for this job below
Ingredion Incorporated hiring bsc/msc chemistry job, BSc Chemistry job opening 2023, chemistry job opening 2023, Chemistry scientific affairs job opening 2023, MSc Chemistry Scientific and Regulatory Affairs Manager job opening 2023, Intrested and eligible candidates may check out all the details on the same below:
Job Title: Scientific and Regulatory Affairs Manager
Reports to: Head of Scientific & Regulatory Affairs, APAC
Direct reports: None
Workplace type: Hybrid
The Scientific & Regulatory Affairs (SRA) Manager, is responsible for providing regulatory project management, insights, guidance, and advice to the Ingredion business in APAC with particular focus on India, South East Asia.
As the Scientific & Regulatory Affairs (SRA) Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Minimise risk to the company by providing/obtaining concise regulatory advice to assure inherent compliance and safe products for use in the APAC market.
Work with 3rd party resources/expertise/consultants/advisors as necessary to facilitate regulatory approvals and speed to market.
- Formulate or implement regulatory affairs standards, new processes & policies to ensure that regulatory compliance is maintained or enhanced.
- Communicate regulatory information to cross functional teams and ensure that information is interpreted correctly.
- Manage regulatory programs within the assigned growth platform & core business areas by reviewing regulatory requirements for new & existing products.
- Monitor & review regulatory landscape to interpret impact/implications of legislation on the business and growth platforms.
- Providing support & effective decision making to respond to regulatory opportunities/issues/threats.
- Key contact providing regulatory guidance to departments or innovation teams regarding food safety design, development, evaluation, or marketing of products.
- Lead regulatory input to the development of integrated processes/IT systems.
Product Development & Innovation
Provide regulatory knowledge to support innovation/ new product development and renovation of existing products through, amongst others, review of product ideations; formula and raw material compliance review and end-product assessment
Identifies new regulatory opportunities, gains insights on relevant regulations, including proposed, draft, and final legislations.
Monitor, communicate and implement changes in legislation impacting the business and growth platforms.
Documentation and Materials
Manage customer documentation to ensure compliance with relevant APAC country and relevant international regulations and standards.
Review materials such as marketing literature or product recipes to ensure that regulatory requirements and Ingredion standards are met.
Internal & External Collaboration
As a key member of the Regulatory Affairs function in APAC collaborate on team matters.
Develop a broad set of working relationships with stakeholders across the local, regional & global teams, including Global Scientific & Regulatory Affairs, Quality Assurance, Marketing and Supply Chain to facilitate regulatory support needs.
Actively represent company interests in trade associations to positively influence industry positions & future legislation to affect benefit to the business.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Relevant degree and/or postgraduate in Food Science/Chemistry/Biochemistry/Applied Sciences or other relevant discipline
- At least 4 years extensive experience in a regional regulatory affairs role in food & non food regulation
- Familiarity with APAC including SEA regulations & Codex standards and regulatory structure would be an advantage
- Must have hands on experience in regulatory compliance, documentation & external collaboration
- Familiarity with ingredients, blends (food/non-food) industry landscape and market trends
- Strong track record and technically savvy in the Regulatory Affairs function, able to provide expertise and guidance on product submissions with relevant authorities
- Able to travel domestically
Experience with food ingredients, blends (food/non-food) & food systems
Required Behaviours And Skills:
- Strong communicator with interpersonal & negotiation skills particularly in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent planning, prioritisation, and organisational skills
Strong at building relationships with both team members and other business departments and experience of working with global & regional cross-functional teams
Relocation Available: No
Possible Interview Questions & Answers for the above job role:
- What is your understanding of the role of the Scientific and Regulatory Affairs Manager in this company?
Answer: The Scientific and Regulatory Affairs Manager is responsible for providing regulatory project management, insights, guidance, and advice to the Ingredion business in APAC with particular focus on India, South East Asia.
2. Can you provide an example of a regulatory compliance issue you faced in your previous job, and how did you resolve it?
Answer: Yes, in my previous job, we had a regulatory compliance issue with a new product that we wanted to launch in a specific market. I collaborated with external consultants and our cross-functional team to obtain concise regulatory advice, formulated new processes & policies, and communicated regulatory information to ensure compliance was maintained.
3. How do you stay up-to-date with changes in regulatory requirements and standards in the APAC region?
Answer: I stay up-to-date with changes in regulatory requirements and standards by monitoring and reviewing the regulatory landscape, interpreting the impact/implications of legislation on our business, and identifying new regulatory opportunities. I also maintain a network of working relationships with stakeholders across the local, regional, and global teams, including trade associations to positively influence industry positions & future legislation.
4. Can you describe your experience working with global and regional cross-functional teams?
Answer: Yes, I have experience working with global and regional cross-functional teams by providing support & effective decision making to respond to regulatory opportunities/issues/threats, leading regulatory input to the development of integrated processes/IT systems, and collaborating on team matters as a key member of the Regulatory Affairs function in APAC.
5. How do you ensure compliance with relevant APAC country and relevant international regulations and standards when managing customer documentation?
Answer: To ensure compliance with relevant APAC country and relevant international regulations and standards, I review customer documentation such as marketing literature or product recipes, and ensure that regulatory requirements and Ingredion standards are met. I also manage customer documentation and provide guidance to departments or innovation teams regarding food safety design, development, evaluation, or marketing of products.
Editors Note: Ingredion Incorporated BSc/MSc Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job o penings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.