Govt CIAB PhD & MSc Chemistry Job – Salary Rs. 47,000/-+16% HRA
Center of Innovative and Applied Bioprocessing (CIAB) is an autonomous national institute under the Department of Biotechnology (Govt. of India). Chemistry job opening 2022. Ph.D. Chemistry job opening 2022, MSc Chemistry Research Associate job opening 2022. Check out all the details on the same below:
(A) FELLOWSHIPS UNDER EXTERNALLY FUNDED PROJECTS AT CIAB, MOHALI
Job Title: Senior Project Associate / Research Associate
No.of posts: One position
Project Title – “Continuous-Flow Transformation of Biomass-Derived Oxygenates to Methyl vinyl glycolate with Sn-Beta Catalysts: A Study into Long-Term Stability and Deactivation of Sn-Beta”.
Funded By – Haldor Topsoe, Denmark
Principal Investigator – Dr. S. Saravanamurugan, Scientist-F (Catalysis Chemistry)
Age limit – 35 Years
Duration of the project – Upto 23-07-2022
Fellowship – Rs. 47,000/- + (16% HRA or Hostel Facility, if available) per month
(i) For Senior Project Associate
M.Sc. in Chemistry (General / Organic / Inorganic / Physical/others) from a recognized University / Institute with at least four years of experience in Research and Development in industry/academic/research institutions.
Preferences: Knowing the synthesis of materials and their characterization with various techniques such as powder XRD, TEM, SEM, TGA, FTIR, XPS, physisorption analyzer and chemisorption analyzer.
(ii) For Research Associate
Ph.D. in Material Science and Engineering or Chemistry (Organic/Inorganic/Physical/Material) from a recognized University/Institute and having at least one research paper in Science Citation Indexed (SCI) journal.
Preferences – i) Ph.D. thesis related to the synthesis of materials and their characterization with various techniques such as powder XRD, TEM, SEM, TGA, FTIR, XPS, physisorption analyzer, and chemisorption analyzer.
ii) At least one year of post-doctoral experience.
iii) Having knowledge of zeolite and biomass transformations
The interested candidates may appear for a Walk-In-Interview on 11-04-2022 along with the application form available on the website www.ciab.res.in. The duly filled application form must be submitted at the time of the registration from 09:00 AM to 10:30 AM on 11-04-2022. The candidates must ascertain their eligibility before applying, as ineligible candidates would not be interviewed.
Process of Engagement
The eligible applicants would be interviewed by a duly constituted committee. The committee would recommend the candidates, if found suitable, for consideration of the competent authority for engagement on purely on a Fellowship/Stipendiary basis. Provisions of registration for Ph.D. exist at Universities having MoU with CIAB subject to the scholar’s tangible performance, promise, academic suitability, etc.
1. Incomplete applications and applications that are not in proper format may be summarily rejected.
2. The above research opportunities are open only to Indian Nationals.
• The applications should be submitted in the prescribed format that can be downloaded from the CIAB website: www.ciab.res.in.
• Completed applications along with photocopies of all the relevant educational and experience certificates are to be submitted at the time of registration at the Center of Innovative and Applied Bioprocessing (CIAB), Sector-81 (Knowledge City), Manauli P.O., S.A.S. Nagar, Mohali – 140306, Punjab from 09:00 AM to 10:30 AM on 11-04-2022.
• All the positions are based at Mohali, Punjab but some works may be assigned to be carried out at outstations also.
• Number of positions may vary.
• Relaxation of age for various categories (including woman candidates) shall be as per rules of DST and
other Government of India agencies.
• If in any area no suitable candidate is found, no selection would be made in that case.
• No TA/DA etc. would be paid for attending the walk-in-interview.
• Candidates should bring their original documents for verification and one set of photocopies (for submission) of all relevant certificates related to education, experience, publications, thesis/dissertations, etc. at the time of the interview.
• Candidates found eligible after scrutiny of applications post-registration, shall be required to appear before a Selection Committee. Kindly note that in case there is a substantial number of applicants, the Chief Executive Officer, CIAB reserves the right to devise such criteria as deemed fit to shortlist the candidates for the interview. If required, a written test may also be conducted to short-list candidates. The decision of the CEO, CIAB to conduct a written test shall be final and binding on all in this respect
Editors Note: Govt CIAB PhD & MSc Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.