Admissions to Integrated First Degree Programmes of BITS Pilani
BITSAT-2022. A Computer Based Online Test for Admission to Integrated First Degree programmes of BITS Pilani, 2022-23. Integrated First Degree programmes of BITS Pilani. Intrested and eligible candidates may check out all the details on the same below:
Details of BITSAT-2022:
‘Computer Based Online test’ means the candidate sits in front of a computer and the questions are presented on the computer monitor and the candidate answers the questions on the computer by using a keyboard or mouse. Each computer is connected to a server, which prepares the question set and delivers it to the candidate on the computer. This is unlike the traditional paper-pencil based test, which is generally offered on a single day to all candidates. Some of the salient points of BITSAT-2022 is given below:
- A candidate may appear a maximum of two times in BITSAT 2022.
- The examination will be organized in two sets of dates, BITSAT Session 1 and BITSAT Session 2, separated by a gap of a few weeks. The candidate can choose the Center, the Day, and slot of his/her convenience to take the test, as described later in this document.
- A candidate who wishes to appear twice may do so, once during the first set of dates, and the second time during the second set.
- A candidate may opt to appear twice, even at the time of the first application. Such a candidate will then choose one slot from the first set of dates and another from the second.
- A candidate may also choose to appear the second time after the first appearance. To facilitate this process, there will be a period during which candidates who have appeared during Session 1 but had not originally exercised the option to appear twice, will be allowed to apply to appear a second time.
- The application window will reopen immediately after the end date of Session 1 of BITSAT, only for those who appeared for Session 1 and choose to appear for a second time.
- The student who have not applied for session 1 is not eligible to apply for session 2.
- A candidate who chooses to appear twice will have to pay a sum of Rs. 5400 (for a male candidate) and Rs. 4400 (for a female candidate). A candidate who originally opts to appear once (Session 1), will pay a fee of Rs. 3400 (for a male candidate) and Rs. 2900 (for a female candidate).
- If such a candidate chooses then to apply to appear a second time (Session 2), then he/she will have to pay an additional sum of Rs. 2000 (for a male candidate) and Rs. 1500 (for a female candidate). This fee is non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- For a candidate who has appeared twice in BITSAT 2022, and then seeks admission to any of the First Degree programmes in BITS Pilani, the higher of the two scores will be considered for admission.
Integrated First degree programmes to which admissions will be made on the basis of BITSAT2022:
(i) at BITS Pilani – Pilani Campus:
(ii) at BITS Pilani – K. K. Birla Goa Campus:
(iii) at BITS Pilani – Hyderabad Campus:
The candidates who join in M.Sc. programme are eligible to apply for a dual degree in Engineering at BITS Pilani after completion of the first year. This assignment is made by competition on their performance at BITS at the end of the first year. (For more details refer to Admissions Modality available on the BITS admissions website.)
(i) For admission to all the above programmes except B. Pharm.: Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of the 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and adequate proficiency in English. II
(ii) For admission to B. Pharm.: Candidates should have passed the 12 the examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and adequate proficiency in English. However, candidates with PCM may also apply for the Pharmacy program.
How to Apply for writing BITSAT-2022?
Interested candidates should register their names for BITSAT-2022 by applying in the prescribed application form online. A candidate has to complete the application form online at http://www.bitsadmission.com and pay the prescribed fees. Also, take the printout of the filled-in form for your future reference. As this time BITSAT shall be conducted in two sessions, the prescribed fee for BITSAT-2022 for a candidate who chooses to appear twice will have to pay a sum of Rs. 5400 (for a male candidate) and Rs. 4400 (for a female candidate). A candidate who originally VII opts to appear once (Session 1), will pay a fee of Rs. 3400 (for a male candidate) and Rs. 2900 (for a female candidate). If such a candidate chooses then to apply to appear a second time (Session 2), then he/she will have to pay an additional sum of Rs. 2000 (for a male candidate) and Rs. 1500 (for a female candidate). These fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
If a candidate chooses Dubai as a test center for session 1 only then the application fee for both male and female candidates will be Rs. 7000 (in INR). However, if the candidate wants to appear for both sessions then the prescribed fee will be Rs. 9000. Details for payment of fees are available at the admission website while applying online.
Procedure to Apply for admission in BITS:
In addition to applying and appearing for BITSAT-2022, candidates have to also apply for admission to BITS giving details of their 12th marks and preferences to different degree programmes offered at three Indian campuses of BITS. The prescribed application form for admission, the detailed application procedure, details of academic flexibilities such as Dual Degree, Transfer, etc.; admission modality, and the final list of degree programmes offered will be made available at the BITS admission website, tentatively in July 2022. The completed application form with the details of their 12th marks and preferences to different degree programmes along with the required application fee has to be submitted online at the BITS admission website on or before August 5, 2022.
- While BITSAT-2022 tests are scheduled to be held from 20th June – 26th June 2022 for session 1 and 22nd July – 26th July 2022 for session 2, some of the test centers may operate only for a limited duration during this period depending on the number of applications received. The final list of the centers will be announced on the BITS admission website after all the applications are received.
- Each day the exam will be conducted in two slots. The first slot will be from 9:00 AM till 12:00 Noon and the second slot will be from 2:00 PM till 5:00 PM. A candidate can choose anyone out of these two slots based on availability. More details will be available on the admission website.
|Name of Activity||Dates/Deadlines|
|Start of BITSAT-2022 Application||14th March 2022 (Monday)|
|Deadline to apply online for BITSAT-2022 for Session-I or Both the sessions||21st May 2022 (Saturday)|
|Revision/editing (online) in the application form by candidates||17th (Tuesday) to 23rd May (Monday), 2022|
|Test center allotment and announcement to candidates||26th May 2022 (Thursday)|
|Candidates to reserve Test date and slot $||28th May (Saturday) to 1st June (Wednesday), 2022|
|Candidates to download the Hall tickets with instructions (for session 1)||4 th June (Saturday), 2022 till the exam date|
|BITSAT-2022 Online Test Session-I*||20th June (Monday) to 26th June (Sunday), 2022|
|The application window to apply for BITSAT-2022 Session-II||23rd June (Thursday) to 7th July (Thursday), 2022|
|Test center allotment and announcement to candidates||9 th July (Saturday), 2022|
|Candidates to reserve Test date and slot $||11th July (Monday) to 16th July (Saturday), 2022|
|Candidates to download the Hall tickets with instructions||18th July (Monday) till the exam date|
|BITSAT-2022 Online Test Session-II*||22nd July (Friday) to 26th July (Tuesday), 2022|
|Apply for admission with 12th marks and Preferences||22nd June (Wednesday) to 5th August (Friday, 2022|
|Editing of Preferences Application form||1 st August (Monday) to 5th August (Friday), 2022|
Admit list and Waitlist announcement after Iteration I. 8 th August (Monday), 2022
Editors Note: Admissions to Integrated First degree program. Admissions to Integrated First Admissions to Integrated First Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.