Lilly Pharmaceutical Science Research Scientist Vacancy 2021
Bioproduct Research and Development (BRD) is an innovation-focused organization within Eli Lilly and Company. BRD is involved in key activities for the development of parenteral biologics drug substance and drug products including synthetic organic drug products from pre-clinical phases through commercialization.
Req ID R-21470
Job Title: Research Scientist in Bioproduct Analytical Development
City Bangalore State / Province Karnataka
P4 – BS/MS in analytical or related field with relevant pharmaceutical experience; alternatively, skills commensurate with a BS/MS chemist.
R1/R2 – Ph.D. in analytical, or related field; alternatively, skills commensurate with a Ph.D. chemist.
- Previous pharmaceutical industry experience (preferably 5+ years) required.
- Chemistry experience with knowledge of one or more of the following, as appropriate: separation sciences, biophysical/ biochemical characterization, and bioanalytical sciences.
- Experience in large molecules and analytical development is recommended.
- Capable of designing experiments and interpreting results independently.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and identify solutions.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, self-management, task planning, and organization.
- Excellent general computer skills (MS Excel, Internet Explorer, PowerPoint, MS-Word, JMP) and the ability to compile, summarize, and present information to diverse groups.
Must be able to work productively in an interdisciplinary team environment as well as to influence and partner with individuals outside of a formal reporting relationship towards the realization of team goals.
- Experience with the drug development process, including knowledge of regulatory compliance issues.
- Fundamental knowledge of cGMP/GLP compliance requirements.
- Customer-focused attitude
Main Purpose and Objectives of Position
As part of a multi-disciplinary team in BRD Analytical, a successful candidate would be an individual contributor on multiple project teams. Responsibilities would include performing activities supporting an integrated analytical control strategy for a variety of active pharmaceutical ingredients, dosage forms, reference materials, and placebos. Included in these responsibilities would be oversight of analytical methods from development to validation, identifying solutions to complex technical issues, and comprehensive documentation to advance the portfolio.
- Understands and complies with corporate, divisional, and departmental procedures, including GMP, safety, and other regulations.
- Efficiently and effectively manage aspects of analytical control strategies of active pharmaceutical ingredients and drug products, as well as reference materials and placebos, for multiple projects in various phases of development.
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of various techniques to enable troubleshooting and problem-solving (e.g., HPLC, CE, ELISA, qPCR, Bioassay, Karl Fischer, UV, compendial and parenteral tests such as particulates).
- Oversight of the development and verification/qualification/validation of methods to support in-process, release, characterization, and stability testing of active pharmaceutical ingredients and drug products.
- Openly shares technical knowledge and key learning while establishing relationships with key business partners.
- Ability to be flexible within the workday and effective at various forms of communication to enable participation in global team interactions.
- Effectively guide and oversee external work at collaboration partners.
- Demonstrates proficiency at data reporting, interpretation, and trending (e.g., Empower chromatography software and electronic laboratory notebooks).
- Demonstrates good documentation skills with regard to raw data recording and authoring of technical documents (e.g., technical reports, data integrity reviews, and submission components).
- Maintains awareness of analytical science advances, as well as the pharmaceutical industry and regulatory trends.
Editors Note: Lilly Pharmaceutical Science Research Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.