Novartis was created in 1996 through a merger of Ciba-Geigy and Sandoz. Novartis and its predecessor companies trace roots back more than 250 years, with a rich history of developing innovative products. From beginnings in the production of synthetic fabric dyes, the companies that eventually became Novartis branched out into producing chemicals and ultimately pharmaceuticals.
Job Title: Pharmacovigilance Scientist
Job ID : 220990BR
Work Location : Hyderabad
Division : Global Drug Development
Receive information on adverse events, perform initial checks, search database to prevent duplicate entries, create case file and initialize received drug safety reports in the DS&E tracking tool and/or safety database.
2. Ensure scientific rigor through accurate, complete and consistent data entry of adverse event reports from source documents with emphasis on timeliness and quality.
3. Evaluate and finish processing of non-expeditable AE reports, including review for completeness and accuracy.
4. Use medical dictionaries and business guidance to code medical history, drugs and adverse event terms. Prepare narratives summarizing the essential details of the case.
5. Identify clinically relevant information missing from case report and facilitate its collection (in consultation with medical staff as required) by preparing follow-up request as needed.
6. Alert manager to potential safety signals based on incoming case reports.
7. Work with Novartis country safety departments, Clinical Safety Scientists and Pharmacovigilance Leaders to ensure that reports are accurately collected, evaluated and databased.
8. Assist with related administrative and procedural activities as required or requested.
9. Assists in the training of other Safety Processing Experts as necessary.
10. Support DS&E Projects or database validation activities as required.
Manage daily operation and complete the task as per require TAT.
- Bachelors/First Univ. Degree with relevant experience.
- Relevant Experience in Slotted Corp Aff