Novartis International AG is a Swiss multinational pharmaceutical company based in Basel, Switzerland. It is one of the largest pharmaceutical companies by both market cap and sales.
Job Title : Associate Scientist
Job ID : 220366BR
Division : Research & Development
Perform scientific experiments or pilot plant processes for the preparation and timely delivery of drug substances (DS), drug products (DP), processes and procedures in collaboration with a multifunctional project team coordinated by Project Leader. Contribute to maintenance of lab instruments/infrastructure.
1. Meet quality, quantity and timelines in all assigned projects. (I)
2. Perform and document scientific experiments.
3. Plan activities in collaboration with experienced team members if necessary. Seeks proactively for support and coaching from Project Leader or Scientific Expert/or other team members during the whole process if necessary. (I)
4. Provide experimental details a, evaluate and contribute to interpretation of results – if necessary. (I)
5. Optimize existing composition and process (lab or plant) or contribute to new formulation composition and process development of parenteral and topical dosage forms
6. Actively support the transfer of formulation technology or manufacturing procedures to pilot plant or production, including process steering controls etc. (I)
7. Communicate problems; perform safety and literature searches under guidance from more experienced team members. (I)
8. Address simple problems. (I)
9. Actively perform simple safety and literature searches under direction of relevant and experienced team members. (I)
10. Keep record of chemicals, intermediates, excipients and solvents within own area of responsibility. (I)
11. Collaborate with other team members to facilitate deliveries of DS and/or DP. (I)
12. Schedule and perform routine maintenance and calibration of lab instruments/equipment. (I)
13. Co-ordinate with the service providers to ensure timely calibration of lab instrument/equipment.
14. Actively contributes to team goals. (I)
15. Ensure all own activities are aligned with overall drug development process. (B)
16. Work according to appropriate SOPs, GMP, GLP, QM, HSE, ISEC & Novartis Guidelines. (N)
Desirable: M. Pharm/. M.Tech
Adequate knowledge of English (oral and written).
Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience
Awareness for safe handling of chemicals, potentially dangerous materials and equipment.
Adequate scientific or technical knowledge in a specific area of Parenteral and topical formulation development
Adequate knowledge of laboratory and/or technical tools.
Good knowledge of software and computer tools.
Basic presentation skills.
Good communication skills