Banaras Hindu University is an internationally reputed temple of learning, situated in the holy city of Varanasi. This Creative and innovative university was founded by the great nationalist leader, Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya, in 1916 with cooperation of great personalities like Dr Annie Besant, who viewed it as the University of India. Banaras Hindu University was created under the Parliamentary legislation – B.H.U. Act 1915. It played a stellar role in the independence movement and has developed into the greatest center of learning in India. It has produced many great freedom fighters and builders of modern India and has immensely contributed to the progress of the nation through a large number of renowned scholars, artists, scientists and technologists who have graced its portals. The area of the main campus of this premiere Central University is 1300 acres, having well maintained roads, extensive greenery, a temple, an air strip and buildings which are an architectural delight.
Job Title: Research Associate (Chemistry)
No of Posts: 02
Project title: “Photolabile Protected Monosaccharides: Synthesis and Application to Oligosaccharides Synthesis Using a Continuous Flow Photoreactor”
Funding agency: Max-Planck Partner Group, MPI, Germany and DST-India.
Age limit: 35 years
Emoluments: Minimum Rs. 36,000 + 20% HRA: Based on experience salary will be increased as per rules.
- Essential: PhD in Carbohydrate Chemistry/Organic Synthesis
- Desirable: Experience in Synthetic Carbohydrate Chemistry
General Terms & Conditions:
1. The positions are purely temporary and are coterminous with the project.
2. The PI has the discretion to restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
3. Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to appear in the interview and no other communications in this regard will be entertained.
4. The candidate is expected to join immediately, if selected.
5. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
How to Apply:
Application on Plain paper giving Name, Permanent and Correspondence address, Names of the Father and Mother, Telephone number and e-mail address, details of educational career (starting from High School or equivalent) along with the self-attested copies of all mark-sheets & certificates and details of any research or other experience etc., if any, should reach the Principal Investigator before 01- 07- 2017. Please submit the singed applications by email to the principal Investigator at: [email protected]
Application Deadline: 01-07-2017