Sri Venkateswara College is a co-ed constituent college of the University of Delhi. It awards degrees under the purview of the university and offers courses at the undergraduate level. Vocational courses and short-term add-on courses that serve as significant supplements to the academic profiles of the students are offered. It is a national level college and not a minority college; there are no reservations for any religious or linguistic minority. Infrastructure developments were undertaken starting from 2006 using fund accrued under CPE, Star College, OBC expansion fund, Golden Jubilee fund and TTD grants. Allegation of embezzlement has not been thoroughly investigated. The status of College with Potential for Excellence (UGC 2004) and Star College (DBT 2011) were awarded; CPE was withdrawn in 2011 because of lack of NAAC accreditation which is absent in all of Delhi colleges.
Job Title: Assistant Professor (Chemistry)
No. of Posts: 13 (UR- 05, SC- 02, ST- 02, OBC- 04)
Work Location: New Delhi
Pay Scale: Rs.15, 600-39, 100, AGP Rs.6, 000/- (as per VI Pay Commission)
- The qualifications for Assistant Professors in Colleges are in accordance with the UGC regulations 2010 and their subsequent amendments as adopted by the University of Delhi.
- Good academic record as defined by the University with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the Master’s Degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian
- University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR.
- The direct recruitment to the posts of Assistant Professors in the Colleges shall be on the basis of merit through all India advertisement and selections by the duly constituted Selection Committee.
- The Candidates, who are or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of PhD. Degree) Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions of University/ Colleges/ Institutes.
- Applicants should possess the prescribed qualifications and experience as on the closing date of application, as prescribed by the University from time to time for the respective posts.
- Application fees and forms are to be submitted as per details given below:
Fees for Assistant Professor (if applicable)
Rs.500/- for UR/OBC category
- No application fee will be charged from applicants from SC, ST, PwD and Women Applicants. Fees once paid will not be refunded under any Circumstances.
- Application forms have to be filled only in online mode, as available on the website of the College/University along with the present advertisement, within the prescribed time limit indicated in the advertisement. No offline forms would be accepted.
- Payment should be made online only, through credit/debit card/net banking.
- The Short-listed candidates called for interview should report along with all the testimonials/certificates in original along with photo ID. A set of photocopy of certificates/testimonials with respect to the qualifications and experience indicated in the online application form, duly certified by the applicant should be submitted at the time of interview.
- The College shall verify the documents submitted by the antecedents of the applicant at the time of appointment or anytime during the tenure of the service. In case it is found that the documents/information submitted by the candidate are false or the candidate has suppressed relevant information, the services of the candidate shall be terminated without prejudice to any other action initiated by the University.
- No TA/DA shall be paid to candidates for attending interview.
Application Deadline: 08.07.17