With a coastline of about 3,500 miles, inland sources in Rajasthan and Little Rann of Kutch, and the rock salt mines in Mandi, India have possibilities of attaining a high position in salt production among the salt producing countries of the world. As is known, apart from being an indispensable item of food, salt is an important raw material for the manufacture of several heavy chemicals e.g. soda ash, caustic soda and chlorine. Besides, salt is used in food processing industries, such as fish curing, meat packing, dairy products and fruit and vegetable canning.
Advt. No.: RO/2017/02/01
Job Title – Junior Research Fellow (JRF)/ Project Assistant (PA) – II
No.of.Posts – 1
Job Description – Selected candidate will work on a DST sponsored project on the fabrication of nanofilms of polymer and “functional-molecular-framework”–polymer composite membranes for desalination, water purification, and molecular separation
Duration – This position is purely temporary for the duration of the project (four years). It would, therefore, not confer any right/claim implicit or explicit for any candidate for claiming extension or absorption in CSMCRI/CSIR.
Age – As on the date of interview, maximum 28 years. Age relaxation is applicable as per CSIR rule.
- For JRF: Rs. 25000/- pm + HRA as per institutional guidelines.
- For PA-II: Rs. 12000/- or 14000/- (for the candidate having 2 years experience) per month (fixed) as per institutional guidelines.
- For JRF: M.Sc. with first class in Physics/Chemistry + NET/GATE
- For PA-II: M.Sc. in Chemistry/Physics with minimum 55% marks
Interested candidates are requested to appear before the Selection Committee for an interview at CSIR-Central Salt and Marine Chemicals Research Institute, G. B. Marg, Bhavnagar-364002 (Gujarat) on 13-02-2017 (Monday) at 11.00 AM.
You are requested to bring with you an application giving full particulars such as (1) Full name and postal address with e-mail and Phone No., (2) Date of birth and (3) Educational qualifications and experience (if any) together with the photo copies of certificates/ testimonials.
You are also requested to bring with you the following documents:
1. Original Certificate(s), Marksheet(s) (Degree/Diploma, etc.) of the educational qualifications and the certificate in support of the date of birth etc. mentioned by you in your application.
2. Original Experience Certificates, Testimonials etc.
3. In case you are employed in a Government/Semi-Government or Autonomous Organization, you should bring with you a “No Objection Certificate” from your present employer, otherwise you will not be allowed to appear for the interview.
Interested candidates may send their bio data in advance to: Dr. Santanu Karan ([email protected]).
No TA/DA will be given to attend the interview.
- Date of Interview – 13th February 2017
- Time of Interview – 110:00 AM
- Venue of Interview – CSIR-CSMCRI, Bhavnagar