Pharmacist Medical Science Liaison Job at Novartis, Apply Online
Novartis is a leading pharmaceutical company committed to improving healthcare outcomes for patients. With a focus on innovation and scientific excellence, Novartis is dedicated to addressing patient needs and transforming the practice of medicine.
Medical Science Liaison
Job ID: 389557BR
Jan 23, 2024
About the Role
The MSL is responsible for scientifically engaging, collaborating and aligning with a broad range of external stakeholders to co-create value, address identified patient needs and ultimately change the practice of medicine for better patient access and outcomes. They leverage the right evidence at the right time during their scientific engagements, and identify impactful insights and opportunities that impact and inform the Integrated Product Strategy (IPS), Integrated Evidence Generation Plans, launch excellence roadmap, Patient Journey and medical strategies. MSLs also contribute to innovative healthcare partnerships and implement relevant disease area strategies. They will act as a strategic scientific partner, and collaborate with other Field matrix colleagues (e.g. Value/Market Access, HEOR, clinical research colleagues) to ensure Novartis can support healthcare systems strengthening & improve patient access and outcomes.
- Be a strategic internal partner: Gather and leverage insights for an impactful contribution to Patient Journey mapping, launch excellence roadmap, integrated evidence generation plans, integrated product strategy and subsequently the medical strategy. Utilize knowledge of assigned therapeutic area and Novartis compounds to serve as the Medical, Clinical and Scientific expert to field matrix colleagues.
- Identify data gaps and opportunities: Identify data generation opportunities (including RWE and implementation science, precision medicine), and key unmet needs and opportunities to help improve patient access and outcomes.
- Map external stakeholders: Ensure appropriate identification and mapping of external stakeholders, aligned to the medical strategy, and in collaboration with other Novartis colleagues. Able to create personalized, flexible engagement strategies and plans, leveraging multiple channels and tailored content to meet the changing needs of external stakeholders.
- Expand stakeholder engagement: Personalize and expand external stakeholder engagement beyond Healthcare Professionals. Support and contribute to innovative partnership models for shared ownership in transforming clinical practice, apply foundational impactful Scientific Engagement principles in stakeholder interactions in alignment with medical strategy and portfolio/pipeline prioritization.
- Communicate the right evidence: Communicate the right evidence to the right stakeholder at the right time, enabling stakeholders to make informed decisions, respond to unsolicited requests for information from stakeholders by sharing appropriate data regarding marketed and pipeline compounds in a timely, compliant, and stakeholder-focused manner.
- Support clinical trials and education: Support Novartis Clinical Trials, adopt and leverage digital channels for a broader, effective, personalized reach and impact, in addition to leading high-level impactful scientific events, exchanges, and medical education.
- Personal and professional development: Manage personal and professional development, manage administrative responsibilities in a timely manner (customer relationship management tool, compliance training and other modules, expense reporting, etc.). Promote and adhere to Ethics and Compliance Professional Practices Policy (P3). Wherever applicable, collaborate with medical teams & HCPs to facilitate MAPs (Managed Access Program) on receipt of unsolicited request.
- Pharmacist, Masters, or other post-graduate degree in health/life sciences. Doctoral degree preferred (PharmD, PhD, MD).
- Acts with credibility and clarity of purpose to build and maintain effective and collaborative relationships, working knowledge of the Healthcare System and research procedures as well as the guidelines relevant to the pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience in a medical function (2-3 years preferred) in at least one therapeutic area.
- Capable of self-directed learning and having a growth mindset, excellent communication, interpersonal, and influencing skills, with the ability to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences.
- Application of a curious mindset, employing active listening skills and asking open questions to gain insights and uncover current thinking. Capable of adapting, organizing, prioritizing, and working effectively and collaboratively on multifunctional teams in a dynamic field-based environment.
- Proven ability to successfully leverage new technology/digital/IT solutions for effective stakeholder mapping, development, management, and field medical insights gathering.
- Solid business mentality including innovative, solution-oriented, and critical thinking with performance-focused drive to achieve objectives and execute tactics. Strong personal integrity reflected in all actions and behaviors.
Desirable Requirements: Oncology experience
Link to Original Notification to apply: Apply here
Keywords: Pharmacist, Medical Science Liaison, Job, Novartis, Apply Online, Healthcare, Patient access, Therapeutic area, Stakeholders, Communication, Technology, Digital, IT solutions, Stakeholder mapping, Diversity, Inclusion. Pharmacist Medical Science Liaison Job at Novartis, Apply Online. Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.