ExxonMobil Lab Chemist Opportunity, Apply Online
At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what we do and what we stand for.
The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies.
We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. Learn more about our What and our Why and how we can work together.
ExxonMobil’s affiliates in India
ExxonMobil’s affiliates have offices in India in Bengaluru, Mumbai and the National Capital Region.
ExxonMobil’s affiliates in India supporting the Product Solutions business engage in the marketing, sales and distribution of performance as well as specialty products across chemicals and lubricants businesses. The India planning teams are also embedded with global business units for business planning and analytics.
ExxonMobil’s LNG affiliate in India supporting the upstream business provides consultant services for other ExxonMobil upstream affiliates and conducts LNG market-development activities.
The Global Business Center – Technology Center provides a range of technical and business support services for ExxonMobil’s operations around the globe.
ExxonMobil strives to make a positive contribution to the communities where we operate and its affiliates support a range of education, health and community-building programs in India. Read more about our Corporate Responsibility Framework.
What role you will play in our team
Responsible for Safety, Security, Health and Environment (SSHE) aspects of the lab operations including supervising the day-to-day lab operation, support co-chemist and maintenance of laboratory
Maintain continuous cordial relationships with internal & external stakeholders (e.g., certification agency or institute, plant operation team)
What you will do
- Ensure and promote Security, Safety Health & Environment (SSHE) of plant
- Ensure timely and effective maintenance of Laboratory equipment consistent with QP&G and acceptable industry standards
- Ensure products manufactured are brand approved and meet QA(Quality Assurance) batch release requirements
- Advice Operations and Supply & Logistics (S&L) on matters pertaining to product testing and quality control of finished products and raw materials (Base Oil, Thickeners and Additives)
- Responsible for driving COGS improvements e.g. reformulation initiatives
- Maintain technical interface outside of function on QA(Quality Assurance) matters.
- Keep abreast of latest technologies with a view to automate equipment, data precision improvement, meeting internal customers’ requirements, etc
- Ensure support to other Labs within EM network
- Local Editors or Business Document Approvers (LEBDA) for the plant Applicable
- Responsible to coordinate the Laboratory Quarterly and Yearly submissions, such as Capex & Capital Budget Assist PQAM for effective operations of Lab in accordance to OIMS, CIMS, BPIMS, QP&G and DIAF
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by Technical Manager
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or Engineering with CGPA 5 or above
- Minimum 2 years of experience in laboratory operations and QA(Quality Assurance) related activities position at manufacturing industry preferably lubricant blending industry
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in Oil or Chemical laboratory
- Knowledge or certification of management systems like ISO
- Worked in laboratory and familiar with chemical testing equipment’s
Preferred Qualifications/ Experience
- Good interpersonal skills – Ability to work with cross functional teams
- Good communication, interpersonal, administrative skills working in a team environment
- Good analytical skill and eye for details and data are essential
- Ability to influence without authority.
- Strong Leadership skills.
- Communicate Effectively at all levels.
- Handle conflict or conflict situations effectively.
- Credibility and influence within business essential for sound judgement.
- Able to provide advice and guidance independently.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Good meeting facilitating and coordination skills.
- Good Knowledge of global good practices in SSHE management.
- Good Computer skills like use of MS applications such as word, power point, excel.
- Interpersonal skills to work with diverse groups and able to network effectively across organizations.
An ExxonMobil career is one designed to last. Our commitment to you runs deep: our employees grow personally and professionally, with benefits built on our core categories of health, security, finance and life. We offer you:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical plans, maternity leave and benefits, life, accidental death and dismemberment benefits
- Retirement benefits
- Global networking & cross-functional opportunities
- Annual vacations & holidays
- Day care assistance program
- Training and development program
- Tuition assistance program
- Workplace flexibility policy
- Relocation program
- Transportation facility
Apply for the job here.
Editor’s Note: ExxonMobil Lab Chemist Opportunity, Apply Online. Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.