NBRC MSc Chemistry Recruitment – Applications Invited
NATIONAL BRAIN RESEARCH CENTRE (NBRC) invites application for the post of “Neuro Imaging Analyst (Project)” in a DBT funded project titled “Dementia Science Programme: Incidence / Prevalence / Risk Intervention analysis of dementia and basic research thereof” (Budget for Imaging Studies Lab).
Advertisement No.: Acad. / 12/ 2023
Dated: 12.10. 2023
Position: Neuro Imaging Analyst (Project)
About the Lab:
The primary scientific interest of the lab is to identify early in vivo biomarkers for neurodegenerative disorders, particularly Alzheimer’s disease. The lab uses multi-modal neuroimaging techniques, i.e. magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), functional MRI (fMRI), and magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS) to investigate the associated structural, functional, and neurochemical brain alterations, respectively.
- M. Tech. (Electrical / Electronic or M. Sc. (Physics / Chemistry / Forensic Science / Math) with six months’ experience in Brain imaging research
- 60% marks from 10th standard onwards
Desirable experience: Project related to Brain research or signal processing
- Responsible for conceptualization and design involving MRI, MRS
- Active participation in analysis and interpretation of MRI/MRS data
Age Limit: 35 years, as on the closing of application
Curriculum vitae including the following:
Statement of purpose (minimum 200 words) indicating your research interests and experience
- Recommendation letter from guide/employer
- Screening Criteria:
- Academic credentials
- Statement of purpose (200 words)
- One Recommendation letter
Emoluments: Rs. 42,000/- p.m. (consolidated) (No other allowances are applicable)
Project Investigator: Prof. Pravat K. Mandal, Scientist VII, NBRC
Tenure: Initially the appointment will be for a period of one year or project last whichever is earlier which can be extended based on performance and validity of the project. The post is coterminus with the project. Selected candidates will have to abide by the rules and regulations of NBRC.
Accommodation: Accommodation may be provided as per rules of NBRC, subject to availability.
- No TA/DA will be payable to the candidates for attending the interview
- Only candidates who are shortlisted will be called for interview
- Candidates are required to attach a copy of their self-attested certificates of qualification & experience in support of the claims made by them in their application, failing which their application shall summarily stand rejected without any intimation
Keywords: NBRC, MSc Chemistry Recruitment, Neuro Imaging Analyst, Dementia Science Programme, Alzheimer’s disease, Brain imaging research, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, MRI, Functional MRI, fMRI, Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy, MRS, Research, Project, Jobs