Associate Scientist – Chemistry Solutions Recruitment at Aragen
Aragen is a company that specializes in providing chemistry solutions. We are currently hiring for the position of Associate Scientist in our Chemistry Solutions department.
Location: Hyderabad, India
Department: Chemistry Solutions
Scope: This role is responsible for client projects by route designing and synthesis of molecules as per client specifications, independently or through supervision of a team of chemists.
- Set-up and execute reactions for synthesis of target molecules: Understand the project requirements and deliverables from manager as specified by the client. Understand the reaction protocol and search literature as required.
- Efficiently delegate work and monitor team members: Ensure effective planning, execution, and delivery. Discuss the MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) with team members and mitigate any potential safety risks.
- Plan and execute reactions with proper reagents and equipment: Maintain specified conditions (temperature, pressure etc.) with optimum usage and minimum wastage. Ensure parallel execution of multiple reactions.
- Analyze analytical data: Evaluate and interpret results from the synthesis and report.
- Meet productivity benchmarks: Achieve number of reactions, number of steps, number of compounds, quality, compounds purity, and project timelines.
- Improve delivery efficiency and quality through project management: Support project manager in finalizing the estimation of the project, propose appropriate synthetic routes, and assess project risks and challenges. Prepare reports as required.
- Ensure safety at work through enforcement of good laboratory practices: Follow safety and quality systems in the labs. Maintain records, data integrity, and IP confidentiality. Identify and report non-compliance of guidelines by junior team members.
- Ensure high morale and skill development of team: Improve knowledge of organic chemistry and analytical techniques. Guide teams of chemists to meet productivity and quality targets. Train and develop team members while reviewing their performance regularly.
Functional/ Technical Skills
- Knowledge of Chemistry & Execution
- Knowledge of Safety Protocols
- Knowledge of IP & Confidentiality and Data Integrity
- Ability to conduct cost benefit analysis and optimum usage of resources
Required Educational Qualification & Relevant Experience
- M.Sc. (Organic/ Medicinal Chemistry) with 6 – 10 years of relevant experience
- Ph.D. / PDF (Organic/ Medicinal Chemistry) with 1 – 2 years of relevant experience
Candidates with their research publications in leading journals would be preferred.