CIAB PhD & MSc Chemistry Job Opening 2021 – Applications Invited
CIAB PhD & MSc Application format, details of the vacancies, etc. can be downloaded from the institute website: www.ciab.res.in under heading “Vacancies”. Center of Innovative and Applied Bioprocessing (CIAB) is an autonomous national institute under the Department
of Biotechnology (Govt. of India). This futuristic innovation institute of its own kind in the country has a mission of advancing knowledge, leads and emerging technologies/processes relevant to the agri-food sector towards applications and products.
It aims to link them with societal benefits through catalyzing/promoting entrepreneurial
action around bioprocesses, bio-products, value-addition to bioproducts etc. with special reference to the agrifood sector. Currently, the four major mandated R&D areas in hand at the institute are (A) Value Addition to Primary Processing Residues/ Wastes for Edible Products; (B) Valorisation of Crop Waste for Speciality Products and Chemicals; (C) Nutritionals, nutraceuticals and up-gradation of value or use of bio-products, (D) Biosynthetic technology/synthetic biology for low volume-high value products and industrial enzymes. To support and steer this mission, the institute requires following temporary research positions on stipendary / fellowship basis:
(A) FELLOWSHIPS UNDER EXTERNALLY FUNDED PROJECTS AT CIAB, MOHALI
Job Title: Research Associate – One position
Project Title – “Continuous-Flow Transformation of Biomass-Derived Oxygenates to Methyl vinyl glycolate with Sn-Beta Catalysts: A Study into Long-Term Stability and Deactivation of Sn-Beta”.
Funded By – Halder Topsoe, Denmark
Principal Investigator – Dr. S. Saravanamurugan, Scientist-E (Catalysis Chemistry)
Age limit – 35 Years
Duration of the project – One year
Fellowship – Rs. 47,000/- + (16% HRA or Hostel Facility, if available) per month
PhD in Material Science and Engineering or Chemistry (Organic/Inorganic/Physical/Material) or Chemical Engineering or related areas in Material Science from a recognized University/Institute and having at least one
research paper in Science Citation Indexed (SCI) journal.
i) PhD thesis related to the synthesis of materials and their characterization with various techniques such as powder XRD, TEM, SEM, TGA, FTIR, XPS, physisorption analyser and chemisorption analyzer.
ii) At least one-year post-doctoral experience.
iii) Having knowledge of zeolite and biomass transformations
Tenure of Fellowship: Initially three months, renewable on quarterly basis on satisfactory performance.
Job Title: Junior Research Fellow (Chemical / Nano Science) – One position
Age limit – 28 Years
Fellowship – Rs. 31,000/- per month + (16% HRA or Hostel facility, if available)
Tenure: One Year, extendable on annual basis for subsequent years subject to satisfactory progress, institutional needs and financial provisions.
(i) M.Sc. in Chemistry (any discipline) / Biochemistry from a recognized University / Institute OR M. Pharm. / M.S. (Pharm.) / M. Tech. in Medicinal Chemistry / Process Chemistry / Pharmaceutical Technology / Biotechnology from
a recognized University/Institute;
(ii) NET / GATE / GPAT / any other relevant equivalent nature of test qualified and
How To Apply:
The interested candidates may appear for a Walk-In-Interview on 04-03-2021 along with the application form available on the website www.ciab.res.in. The duly filled application form must be submitted at the time of the registration from 09:00 AM to 10:30 AM on 04-03-2021. The candidates must ascertain their eligibility before applying, as ineligible candidates would not be interviewed.
Process of Engagement
The eligible applicants would be interviewed by a duly constituted committee. The committee would recommend the candidates, if found suitable, for consideration of the competent authority for engagement on purely on Fellowship/Stipendiary basis. Provisions of registration for Ph.D exist at Universities having MoU with
CIAB subject to scholar’s tangible performance, promise, academic suitability, etc.
1. Incomplete applications and applications that are not in proper format may be summarily rejected.
2. The above research opportunities are open only to Indian Nationals.
• The applications should be submitted in the prescribed format that can be downloaded from the CIAB website: www.ciab.res.in.
• Completed applications along with photocopies of all the relevant educational and experience certificates are to be submitted at the time of registration at Center of Innovative and Applied Bioprocessing (CIAB), Sector-81 (Knowledge City), Manauli P.O., S.A.S. Nagar, Mohali – 140306, Punjab from 09:00 AM to 10:30 AM on 04-03-2021.
• All the positions are based at Mohali, Punjab but some works may be assigned to be carried out at outstations also.
• Number of positions may vary.
• Relaxation of age for various categories (including woman candidates) shall be as per rules of DST and other Government of India agencies.
• If in any area no suitable candidate is found, no selection would be made in that case.
• No TA/DA etc. would be paid for attending the walk-in-interview.
• Candidates should bring their original documents for verification and one set of photocopy (for submission) of all relevant certificates related to education, experience, publications, thesis/dissertations, etc. at the time of interview.
• Candidates found eligible after scrutiny of applications post-registration, shall be required to appear before a Selection Committee. Kindly note that in case there are a substantial number of applicants, the Chief Executive Officer, CIAB reserves the right to devise such criteria as deemed fit to shortlist the candidates for the interview. If required, a written test may also be conducted to short-list candidates. The decision of the CEO, CIAB to conduct a written test shall be final and binding on all in this respect.
Editors Note: CIAB PhD & MSc CIAB Ph.D. & MSc Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.