Syngene Associate Scientist Organic Chemistry Job Recruitment – Apply Now!
Associate Scientist/8-I – DDS (55045)
Requisition ID: 55045
Date Posted: 10/12/2023
Designation: Associate Scientist (8-I)
Job Location: Bangalore
Department: Department of Discovery Synthesis(DDS)
Incorporated in 1993, Syngene International Ltd. is an innovation-focused global discovery, development, and manufacturing organization providing integrated scientific services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, nutrition, animal health, consumer goods, and specialty chemical industries around the world. Syngene’s clientele includes world leaders such as Bristol-Myers Squibb, Baxter, Amgen, GSK, Merck KgaA, and Herbalife. Its innovative culture is driven by the passion of its 4240-strong team of scientists who work with clients from around the world to solve their scientific problems, improve R&D productivity, speed up time to market, and lower the cost of innovation.
- Perform synthetic chemistry reactions, reaction workups, purification of the compounds by column chromatography, crystallization, re-crystallization techniques, preparative TLC, and operating lab equipment’s.
- Ensure that the samples generated during synthesis are given for analysis and record subsequent results obtained and update the supervisor/group leader on the progress of synthesis and ensure samples are packed appropriately for shipment.
- Record the observations of experiment/reaction, results, utilization of resources, and other activities related to the reaction in the laboratory or e-notebook following guidelines and in a timely manner and ensure that the same is handled safely and confidentially.
- Follow all time safety and quality in day-to-day activities and work practices.
- Assist the supervisor to take stock of resources (raw materials, solvents, etc.) in the project and report any shortfall and support literature search for R&D.
- Provide hands-on training and supervision to juniors while performing synthesis of compounds.
- Follow SOP/IOP/EOP/OCP procedures for any lab activity.
- Any other lab responsibilities as indicated by the EHSS team member/supervisor/Group Leader.
- In case of any instrument/equipment breakdown, report to maintenance immediately.
- Attend all mandatory trainings and update training records as and when trainings are completed.
- Follow environment, health, and safety (EHS) requirements at all times in the workplace ensuring individual and lab/plant safety.
- Attend training on environment, health, and safety (EHS) measures imparted company.
- Understanding and demonstrating responsibility for the safety of self & colleagues by following all safety protocols provided by Syngene.
- Adherence to all environment, health, and safety (EHS) policies & standards at all times in the workplace.
- Wearing all PPE as required.
- Adherence to all procedures related to Syngene’s data integrity policies.
- Compliance to Syngene’s quality standards at all times.
Educational Qualification: MSc Organic Chemistry
- Should be familiar with concepts of chemical synthesis.
- Familiar with operations of relevant apparatus – instrument / equipment.
- Good knowledge of analytical techniques and analytical data interpretation.
- Good communication skills.
Experience: 5-8 Years
- Good communication.
- Personal integrity.
- Quick learner.
- Adapt to changes.
- Time management.
Keywords: Syngene, Associate Scientist, Organic Chemistry, Job Recruitment, Apply Now. Syngene Associate Scientist Organic Chemistry Job Recruitment – Apply Now! Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.