TIFR BSc Chemistry Project Assistant Recruitment – Apply Online
TATA INSTITUTE OF FUNDAMENTAL RESEARCH
(Autonomous Institution of the Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India)
Sy.No.36/P, Gopanpally Village, Serilingampally Mandal, Ranga Reddy Dist.
Hyderabad – 500 046 Tel: +91(0) 40 2020 3040 Website: www.tifrh.res.in
Advertisement No. 2023/09
TIFR invites applications for the post of Project Scientific Assistant (B) in Chemistry. This is a high-paying position for individuals with a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry. The selected candidate will be responsible for assisting and implementing wet chemistry laboratory instrumental facility at TIFR Hyderabad. Read the details below and apply online.
Post: Project Scientific Assistant (B)
Number of Posts: 01
Age Below (Years): 28 years
TME: Rs.58,400/- Consolidated pay (including HRA of Rs.8,602/-)
Essential Qualification: Full-time Bachelor of Science in Chemistry with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate.
Essential Experience: 0-2 years’ experience in wet chemistry laboratory. Candidates who do not have any experience can also apply.
- Knowledge of computer platforms windows including Excel and power point.
- Good command of written and verbal communication in English.
- Knowledge in single crystal X-ray diffractometer, UV/Vis, and FT-IR spectrometer.
- Experienced in using UV/Vis and FT-IR spectrometer.
- Assisting synthetic chemistry faculty in the development and implementation of wet chemistry laboratory instrumental facility at TIFR Hyderabad.
- Operating and maintaining single crystal X-ray diffractometer.
- Training and assisting chemistry students in the use of single crystal X-ray diffractometer, UV/Vis, and FT-IR spectrometer.
- Coordinating with vendors, TIFR administration, and scientists for the tendering, acquisition, and maintenance of common synthetic chemistry laboratory equipment, supplies, and establishment of infrastructure for common synthetic chemistry research areas.
The candidates must furnish an up-to-date CV and a MANDATORY one-page cover letter in which the candidates should describe their professional background and experience, their motivation for applying to this particular position, and in which terms they consider fit for this job.
- All the above posts are tenable at TIFR, Hyderabad.
- Higher starting salary could be considered for deserving candidates for the above posts.
- For the above post at Sr. No.1, the appointment is temporary for one year and may be renewed each year up to a total period of three years depending upon performance and requirement.
- For the above post at Sr. No.2, the appointment is temporary for one year and may be extended subject to the annual performance review and project tenure.
- Selected candidates for all the above posts will be required to work on Saturday/Sundays and holidays, as per the exigencies of the Institute.
- Prescribed age should not exceed as of July 01, 2023, for all the above posts.
- Post for the general category (Unreserved) – SC/ST/OBC/EWS/PwBD candidates can also apply.
- Applications from the candidates will be accepted ONLINE ONLY
(https://www.tifrh.res.in/index.php/staff-positions/) except for the following
I. Candidates applying for the above posts and who are eligible for further age
relaxation as per extant GOI rules are required to submit applications by POST,
along with a copy of relevant certificate in support of age relaxation (for example exservicemen, persons with benchmark disabilities etc.). [SC, ST, OBC & EWS
candidates applying for unreserved posts are not eligible for age relaxation and
should apply online.
II. Applicants in Government/Semi-Government/Public Sector Undertaking must apply through proper channel. Applicants who do not send their applications through proper channel, if called, will be able to participate in the recruitment process only upon submission of an NOC from the competent authority. However, an advance copy of the application along with relevant enclosures may be submitted by post.
- Incomplete applications (online) and off-line applications without photocopy of certificate in support of age relaxation and applications received after the last date shall not be considered.
- On-Line applications must be submitted by October 13, 2023, and applications by post [who are required to send by post as per para 8 (i) & 11 (ii)] must reach the Administrative Officer, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Survey No. 36/P, Gopanpally Village, Serilingampally Mandal, Ranga Reddy District, Hyderabad 500046, by October 13, 2023. Applicants who are required to send the applications by post must super scribe the post applied for, advertisement No. & serial number of the post on the envelope. The format of the application is as prescribed for on-line applications.
- The candidates are required to produce the following original documents with copies at the time of the recruitment process:
a. Printout of an online application form.
b. Identity Proof (Aadhaar Card / Election Card / PAN Card/Passport/Driving License).
c. Date of birth/Proof of age.
d. Educational Qualification (all mark sheets and certificates). In case Universities/Board award letter grades/CGPA/OGPA, the same will have to be indicated as equivalent percentage of marks as per the norms adopted by the University/Board. In the absence of the same, the candidature will not be considered. While submitting original documents for verification, the candidates will have to produce the norms of the University/Board for conversion of grades/CGPA/OGPA to equivalent percentage of marks.
e. Experience certificate/s if applicable.
f. Conduct certificates from two respectable persons.
g. SC/ST/OBC/EWS & PwBD certificate (wherever applicable) in the Government of India format.
h. Latest CV
i. One-page covering letter describing professional background and experience, their motivation for applying to this particular position and in which terms they consider fit for this job.
- (a) Outstation candidates called for the recruitment process for the post at Sr. No.1 will be paid a single second-class (non-air conditioned) return train fare for the journey by the shortest route from the nearest railway station of their place of residence on the production of photocopies of onward and return journey tickets.
(b) If you travel by air, you are required to purchase air tickets ONLY from 1) M/s BalmerLawrie & Company Limited (BLCL) 2) M/s Ashok Travels & Tours (ATT) 3) Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd. (IRCTC). BOOKING THROUGH THE WEBSITE OF AIRLINES IS NOT ALLOWED. The air-fare for such candidates will be restricted to the eligible return train fare on production of tickets and boarding passes.
- The Institute reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates for the recruitment process to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Mere fulfilling the essential and desirable qualifications and experience will not entitle an applicant to be called for the recruitment process. More vacancies may also be filled through this advertisement. The Institute reserves the right not to fill any/some posts herein advertised. Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidate.
- Before applying for the post, the candidate should ensure that they fulfill the eligibility and other criteria. Recruitment authorities would be free to reject applications not fulfilling the requisite criteria, at any stage of the recruitment, and if erroneously appointed, such candidates shall be liable to be terminated from service if appointed.
- The institute reserves the right to conduct written tests, skill tests, interviews, etc. online/in-person.
- If you are facing any difficulty while applying online, please write to [email protected] giving a brief nature of the difficulty you are facing.
Keywords: TIFR, Chemistry, Project Assistant, Recruitment, Apply Online, BSc Chemistry, High-Paying Job. TIFR BSc Chemistry Project Assistant Recruitment – Apply Online. Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.