Product Stewardship and Regulatory Affairs Specialist at Buckman
Location: Chennai, India
Required Language: English
Seniority Level: Associate
Employment Type: Permanent
Buckman is a privately held, global specialty chemical company with headquarters in Memphis, TN, USA, committed to safeguarding the environment, maintaining safety in the workplace, and promoting sustainable development. Buckman works proactively and collaboratively with its worldwide customers in pulp and paper, leather, and water treatment to deliver exceptional service and innovative specialty chemical solutions to help boost productivity, reduce risk, improve product quality, and provide a measurable return on investment. Buckman is in the middle of a digital transformation of its businesses and focused on building the capabilities and tools in support of this.
In accordance with the Buckman Way, this role will contribute to the success of Buckman that can be summarized as: This role will provide expertise to support the sale of our products and drive product compliance, safety, and customer response efficiency. You will coordinate and drive the interactions with global R&D and regional operations.
- Implementation and maintenance of digitized regulatory data system
- Technical reviews and guidance for new technologies and products
- Support to the Global Regulatory Communications Community
- Support for Regional Regulatory Departments
- Auditing of regulatory and product stewardship programs
- Professional Development – Continue to grow in professional, technical, and business knowledge by attending professional & educational workshops or CE classes, establish personal networks and participate in professional societies.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university Chemistry or related sciences
- 2 – 3 years relevant experience and/or training.
- Experience with authoring Safety Data Sheets
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Understanding of chemistry and nomenclature
- Familiarity with chemical regulations
- Experience with data management systems
- Knowledge of US, Canada and European regulations
- Knowledge of biochemistry
- Knowledge of polymer chemistry
- Understanding manufacturing processes
- Accountability and Focus on Results: Conveys a strong sense of ownership; readily takes responsibility for actions and makes amends as necessary.
- Teamwork & Collaboration: Participates in project teams as a team member. Identifies multiple ways to contribute to the team and add value. Makes self a resource to help others and seizes opportunities to assist the team whenever possible.
- Learning: Deals constructively with mistakes and draws valuable lessons from them. Deals appropriately with first time or unusual problems; seeks guidance and input.
- Organized and Detail oriented. Demonstrates ability to handle and drive multiple projects. Demonstrates strong project management skills.
- Leadership quality to lead teams and influence others.
- Problem Solving – can listen, ask questions, and synthesize input. Can break down complex issues into understandable terms. Can provide objective, technical options.
- Communication – can communicate with a wide range of people including chemists and non-chemists.
Keywords: Product Stewardship and Regulatory Affairs Specialist, Buckman, Operations, Manufacturing, Chennai, India, Chetpet, Permanent, English, Associate