Sherwin Williams Chemistry Job – Apply Now!
Sherwin Williams is seeking a highly qualified candidate with an MSc in Chemistry to join their team as a Senior Quality Control Team Leader. This role offers an opportunity to lead and drive quality assurance initiatives in a dynamic and innovative chemical industry environment.
Company: Sherwin Williams
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India.
Job Title: Sr. QC Team Leader Post
Educational Requirements: M.sc Chemistry-Analytical/Organic
Job Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India.
- 4-8 years of Experience in Quality.
- Paint & Coating Industry preferable.
- Product Testing.
- Paint Application & Color Matching.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- PC skills; Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); and other applications as required.
- Communicating with co-workers to provide and receive direction.
- Focus on general product level safety.
The Quality Chemist is accountable for ensuring and improving product quality and production efficiency.
- Monitors all new production and communicates potential problems to Operations and Control Lab.
- Ensures manufacturability through lab batches and following production batches as needed.
- Identifies process and formula changes needed for successful manufacturing of existing formulas.
- Identifies process and quality problems to determine systematic root cause and follows through with corrective action.
- Coordinates test batches with production and scheduling.
- Maintains local formulas in formulation system.
- Drive improvements around primary metric OTMIS, distressed, and recall goals.
- Lead and or participate in quality investigations to determine root cause.
- Develop standard operating procedures and provide training to QC personnel to ensure procedures are followed.
- Manages new formula introduction and plant manufacturability acceptance, through Fmap protocol.
- Manage in raw material acceptance/rejection based on raw material specification.
- Ensure timely resolution of distressed batches and rework/returned goods.
Sherwin Williams Chemistry job. The Responsibilities include:
Major Tasks Include
- Batch approval. Assures that all tests are completed, and results meet all specifications before going to the next production process.
- Enters all batches’ data into the electronic batch records system.
- Generates appropriate paperwork as needed per the customer specifications.
- Gathers and sends customer samples as required.
- Follows all standard technical procedures and exercises good judgment and initiatives. Able to accomplish assigned work with little supervision.
- If necessary, follows appropriate raw material test methods and may file related paperwork. Gathers, stocks and manages product retain area.
- Utilizes appropriate computer systems to ensure effective testing of products.
- Determines disposition of non-compliant finished goods, such as first case/last case.
- Places non-conforming material on hold as needed.
- Supports the ISO Management Systems and Safety Systems.
- Maintains inventory of lab supplies, stocks them when received, and requests them when low.
- Maintains Lab housekeeping and cleans all test equipment.
- Adheres to all safety requirements of job.
- Identifies and communicates product issues to other departments as needed.
- Reviews batch slip for completeness and accuracy.
- Creates, maintains, and updates standard operating procedures for Quality Department to meet ISO requirements.
- Assists in training of other lab techs as needed.
- Continuous improvement of quality results.
- Standards and procedures that support consistent attainment of quality goals.
- Implementation of new processes and tools to improve quality results.
- Effective problem resolution processes that lead to elimination of root cause.
- Trained and competent chemists, technicians, and related professionals.
Sherwin Williams Chemistry job. The possible interview Q & A to help you with:
1. Question: Can you describe your experience in ensuring product quality and production efficiency in a chemical manufacturing environment?
Answer: In my previous role as a Quality Chemist, I played a critical role in maintaining product quality and optimizing production efficiency. I conducted regular monitoring of new production processes, identified potential issues, and collaborated with Operations and the Control Lab to address them promptly. This proactive approach helped ensure consistent product quality and minimized production disruptions.
2. Question: How do you approach the development of standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the Quality Department to meet ISO requirements?
Answer: Developing SOPs to meet ISO requirements is crucial for maintaining quality standards. I have experience in creating, maintaining, and updating SOPs that align with ISO guidelines. I prioritize clarity, compliance, and accessibility to ensure that all team members can follow the procedures effectively, contributing to the overall quality assurance efforts.
3. Question: Can you provide an example of a quality issue you’ve encountered in your previous role and how you identified the root cause and implemented corrective action?
Answer: Certainly, in a previous role, we encountered an issue with a batch of products failing to meet specifications. I initiated a comprehensive quality investigation, conducted thorough testing, and analyzed data to identify the root cause. It was determined that a specific raw material batch was out of specification. We immediately placed the non-conforming material on hold and implemented corrective actions, which included adjusting the raw material acceptance criteria and working closely with the supplier to resolve the issue.
4. Question: How do you ensure that all testing processes are completed accurately and that the results meet product specifications before moving to the next production process?
Answer: Ensuring accurate testing and adherence to product specifications is a top priority. I follow a meticulous process of batch approval, where I verify that all required tests are completed and that the results align with product specifications before allowing the batch to proceed to the next production stage. This stringent quality control process helps prevent downstream issues and maintains product integrity.
5. Question: Can you describe your experience with inventory management of lab supplies and maintaining lab housekeeping?
Answer: I take responsibility for managing lab supplies efficiently. This includes maintaining an inventory of supplies, restocking them when necessary, and ensuring that we have everything needed for testing. Additionally, I place a strong emphasis on lab housekeeping to create a safe and organized work environment. I regularly clean and maintain test equipment to guarantee accurate and reliable results in a clean and safe laboratory setting.
Editor’s Note: Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.