Novo Nordisk is Hiring Pharmacy Candidates For Associate Global Scientific Advisor Position.
Novo Nordisk is a multinational pharmaceutical company. Novo Nordisk is Hiring Pharmacy Candidates For Associate Global Scientific Advisor Position. Interested Candidates, check out the details below and Apply Online.
Job title: Associate Global Scientific Advisor
Job Location: Bangalore, India
Job Category: Clinical Development and Medical
Job Department: Global Medical Affairs.
Job Type: Full Time
Last Date to Apply: 15th September, 2023
Job Description :
The Associate Global Scientific Advisor (AGSA) is expected to be able to work independently according to Novo Nordisk Standard Operating Procedures and Global Medical Affairs strategy. The Associate GSA strives to be the specialist on the product/project within his/her responsibility. The Associate GSA is responsible for ensuring the timely, accurate and credible scientific and medical knowledge within assigned deliverables. He/she independently prepares scientific content (slide decks, Q&A documents and others) for medical education events and medical guidance projects. The associate GSA also reviews the documents to ensure alignment with quality and business ethics SOPs. The focus is especially to provide scientific support for key opinion leaders (KOLs) engagement and other healthcare professionals (HCPs – nurses, pharmacists, etc) on a product/project specific basis. Moreover, the Associate GSA acts as a liaison between Novo Nordisk and KOLs at meetings and conferences.
- The management aspect of this job is to ensure effective cross-functional collaboration and consistent communication between global medical affairs team, project manager and medical illustrator.
- End-to-end support for all the activities across medical affairs focus areas.
- Support medical affairs teams in the development and execution of scientific communication during high quality global meetings (e.g., scientific expert meetings, congress symposia etc.).
- Support global medical affairs teams in development of communication materials based on accurate scientific data.
- M. Pharm/PharmD/PhD with substantial clinical and/or research expertise in relevant area.
- 1-2 years of pharmaceutical industry experience or fresher with PhD and substantial clinical research/academic experience
- Understanding of the pharmaceutical industry.
- Fluency in both spoken and written English.
- Demonstrated research experience (e.g. publications, presentations in conferences).
- Additional education and experience in medical communication.
- Study or work in a country other than the native country.
- Experience with clinical medicine, clinical research and development.
Novo Nordisk is Hiring Pharmacy Candidates. Here are five interview questions and sample answers for the Associate Global Scientific Advisor position :
1. Question: Can you describe your experience in preparing scientific content for medical education events and medical guidance projects, and how do you ensure the accuracy and credibility of the content?
Answer: In my previous role as a research scientist, I was responsible for preparing scientific content for medical education events and guidance projects. I always begin by conducting a thorough literature review to gather the most up-to-date and relevant scientific information. I collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment with Novo Nordisk’s Standard Operating Procedures and Global Medical Affairs strategy. Additionally, I pay meticulous attention to detail and engage in peer review processes to verify the accuracy and credibility of the content. This approach helps in delivering scientifically accurate and reliable materials.
2. Question: How would you handle a situation where there is a discrepancy between the scientific data and the business ethics SOPs while preparing communication materials?
Answer: Ethical considerations are of utmost importance in the pharmaceutical industry. If I encounter a situation where there is a discrepancy between scientific data and business ethics SOPs, I would immediately bring this to the attention of the relevant stakeholders within the organization. I believe in open and transparent communication to resolve such issues. We would collaboratively review the data, SOPs, and the specific context to determine the best course of action, ensuring that our communication materials maintain both scientific integrity and compliance with ethical guidelines.
3. Question: Can you provide an example of a project where you successfully acted as a liaison between a pharmaceutical company and key opinion leaders (KOLs) at meetings or conferences?
Answer: In my previous role, I had the opportunity to serve as a liaison between our company and prominent KOLs at a major medical conference. I facilitated meetings, coordinated schedules, and ensured that KOLs had access to the latest scientific data related to our product. By fostering open communication and addressing their questions and concerns, I helped establish a positive and collaborative relationship. This engagement not only benefited our company but also allowed KOLs to share valuable insights, ultimately contributing to our product’s success.
4. Question: How do you stay updated on the latest developments and research in the pharmaceutical industry, especially in your specific area of expertise?
Answer: Staying updated in the pharmaceutical industry is crucial, and I make it a priority. I regularly follow reputable scientific journals, attend conferences, and participate in webinars and seminars related to my field. Additionally, I am a member of professional organizations that provide access to the latest research findings and industry trends. Networking with colleagues and KOLs also helps me stay informed about emerging research and innovative approaches in my area of expertise.
5. Question: Could you share an example of a challenging situation where you had to collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure the successful development and execution of scientific communication during high-quality global meetings?
Answer: In a previous role, we were preparing for a global symposium, and we encountered a challenge related to aligning the content of scientific presentations with the expectations of key stakeholders. To address this, I initiated regular meetings with cross-functional teams, including medical affairs, marketing, and regulatory affairs. We established clear communication channels and timelines, and I worked closely with medical illustrators to create visually engaging materials. By fostering collaboration and ensuring everyone’s input was considered, we successfully delivered a cohesive and well-received symposium that met the expectations of both internal and external stakeholders.
These sample questions and answers should help you prepare for an interview for the Associate Global Scientific Advisor position at Novo Nordisk. Customize your responses based on your specific experiences and qualifications.
Subscribe Rasayanika for more Chemistry and Pharma job updates