Schrodinger Recruitment – PhD Chemistry Scientist Vacancy
Schrodinger is looking for a highly motivated scientist with experience in structure-based molecular simulations or cheminformatics as well as chemical synthesis, to join the team and contribute to de novo design across drug discovery projects. The ideal candidate would have an active interest in ideation in the context of drug discovery projects incorporating cutting edge modeling techniques.
Job Title: De novo Design Scientist, Schrödinger Therapeutics Group,
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Ph.D. in organic chemistry, computational chemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, or related fields.
- Experience in structure-based molecular simulations, free energy methods, or computer aided drug design.
- Working knowledge in organic chemistry.
- Demonstrated track record of solving research problems and/or methods development.
- Excellent communication skills.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience in chemical synthesis.
- Experience in two or more of the following molecular modeling areas: chemical enumeration, virtual ligand screening, computationally-driven lead optimization, ligand-based drug design, molecular dynamics, homology modeling, quantum mechanics, cheminformatics.
- Exposure to one or more other disciplines of relevance to drug discovery, such as medicinal chemistry, synthetic organic chemistry, pharmacology, toxicology, formulation, biochemistry, physical chemistry or analytical chemistry.
- Some experience with programming or scripting languages.
- Carry out small molecule de novo design calculations in drug discovery projects, utilizing tools that have been developed at Schrödinger
- Help with preliminary triage of ideas based on structure-based calculations, synthetic tractability, and chemical stability.
- Actively collaborate with medicinal chemists, biologists, and modelers in the context of modeling-driven Design-Make-Test-Analyze cycles in drug discovery projects
Schrodinger Recruitment Looking for latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow Rasayanika Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more