IIT-KGP – IACS M.Sc.-Ph.D. program in Chemical Science
Admission portal for Joint MSc-PhD in Chemical and Molecular Biology for the academic year 2023-2024 is open from 25th April 2023 to 19th May 2023.
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (IIT-KGP) in collaboration with Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science (IACS) announces a joint M.Sc.-Ph.D. Program in “Chemical and Molecular Biology”. The program aims to bring two premier institutes in teaching and research together to offer courses in the interface of Biology and Chemistry. Students will participate in course works in both the institutes. The students obtaining CGPA greater than the stipulated one will be directly admitted to the Ph.D. program after completion of M.Sc. Applications are invited from the interested Indian nationals for admission to the above program. Details of course structure and contents are available here and IACS website.
Eligibility for Admission to the Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D. Program 2023
- First division at 10 and 10+2 level
- Candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree in any branch of Life science or Chemistry.
- At least 55% aggregate marks (taking into account all subjects, including Languages and Subsidiaries, all years combined) for General/EWS/OBC-NCL category candidates and at least 50% aggregate marks (taking into account all subjects, including Languages and Subsidiaries, all years combined) for SC/ST and PwD category candidates in the qualifying degree.
- For candidates with letter grades/CGPA, the candidate should secure at least 6.5 CGPA in 10 point scale. Conversion of CGPA into marks will not be accepted if the degree is awarded on the basis of CGPA.
- Proof of having passed the Qualifying Degree with the Minimum Educational
- Qualifications (MEQ) as specified by the admitting institute should be submitted by October 31, 2023
- The candidate should qualify JAM (Biotechnology) or JAM (Chemistry) conducted in 2023
- Intake will be on the basis of JAM (BT)/ JAM (CY) score followed by interview
- Reservation of seats will be as per MHRD norms.
Admitted students will be entitled to a stipend of Rs. 12,000/- p.m. (fixed) for the first two years subject to adequate performance and other rules of the Institutes. On successful completion of the M.Sc. course, students obtaining a CGPA above a certain stipulated level may be considered for admission into Ph.D. program following the prevailing norms of the admitting institute. Students will be accommodated in the hostel during their stay at IACS Kolkata and IIT Kharagpur.
Applicants are required to apply online
. Self-attested copies of mark sheets/certificates/JAM score card should be uploaded in the online portal. Website closure for submission of online application form is 19th May, 2023. Interim queries will not be entertained. Those who have appeared in the final examination may also apply but their final selection will be subject to securing the required percentage of marks in the qualifying examination.
Application fee: No application fees
- Announcement of the admission processes April 25, 2023
- Last date of receiving online applications May 19, 2023
- List of shortlisted candidates for interview May 26, 2023
- Interview of candidates at IIT Kharagpur June 26 and 27, 2023
- Admission of selected candidates at IIT Kharagpur To be notified later
- Commencement of classes at IACS Kolkata To be notified later
Click Here To Register
Editors Note: IIT-KGP – IACS M.Sc.-Ph.D Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.